Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barney. Balls?  (Read 6031 times)

Offline sausage fingers

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
Barney. Balls?
« on: February 06, 2016, 10:13:01 AM »
What do people think of Barney showing the rest of our league up by pulling out of the national cup, stating they couldn't field a team. What a load of tosh!  They took a bus load of 2 teams to Whitby last week but couldn't field a team this week.  Why don't they admit they are either scared of the Yorkshire teams or that they are concentrating on the league. A lot of teams in our league would of loved the chance to have a go at the Yorkshire boys. Barney are gonna struggle next season in DN 1 if they have no balls. Or if the Mowden boys go back after gaining a bit of experience.

Offline Lprogers25

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
Re: Barney. Balls?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 06:08:40 AM »
@SausageFingers, Personally, I believe Barneys' ambition is to top the table come April, or whenever the end of the season may be... But I think your comments regarding Mowden players is incorrect, or should I say I know it is!!

Barneys coach, a good friend of mine, left Mowden because he was no longer a member of their 1st team playing squad, he spent one season working alongside coaches at Mowden to gain some coaching experience, and decided to join a club to enhance his coaching career whilst working towards his L3 coaching award, bringing a lot of playing experience too.
The guys who decided to join him from DMP are close friends, colleagues or players who respect the guy and were also not featuring in DMPs 1st team squad, hence making the easy decision to join Barney, where a few of them work/studied at the private school, and help to push the club towards promotion.

As for the trip to West Leeds, I for one know that Barney would have had a weakened squad to travel away after picking up several injuries over the past few weeks, therefore to avoid spending all day with a long round-trip, battling for 80 mins with a depleted team and more than likely returning with a L, I think it was a sensible decision to award West Leeds the HWO, because should they have played and picked up another couple of knocks (because we all know Yorkshire leagues are more physical than D and N) then that could have had a huge impact on BCs title chase....

Thats just my opinion!!! :D

Offline Carson21

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 07:50:56 AM »
@SausageFingers, Personally, I believe Barneys' ambition is to top the table come April, or whenever the end of the season may be... But I think your comments regarding Mowden players is incorrect, or should I say I know it is!!

Barneys coach, a good friend of mine, left Mowden because he was no longer a member of their 1st team playing squad, he spent one season working alongside coaches at Mowden to gain some coaching experience, and decided to join a club to enhance his coaching career whilst working towards his L3 coaching award, bringing a lot of playing experience too.
The guys who decided to join him from DMP are close friends, colleagues or players who respect the guy and were also not featuring in DMPs 1st team squad, hence making the easy decision to join Barney, where a few of them work/studied at the private school, and help to push the club towards promotion.

As for the trip to West Leeds, I for one know that Barney would have had a weakened squad to travel away after picking up several injuries over the past few weeks, therefore to avoid spending all day with a long round-trip, battling for 80 mins with a depleted team and more than likely returning with a L, I think it was a sensible decision to award West Leeds the HWO, because should they have played and picked up another couple of knocks (because we all know Yorkshire leagues are more physical than D and N) then that could have had a huge impact on BCs title chase....

What a load of shit , barney have been using mowden lads for years . Look what they had to do to win the cup last year . I also think the cup rules are shite . A club member can play or a player can drop a level several times a season . Top and bottom I agree with sausage fingers they bottled it ..

Thats just my opinion!!! :D

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 08:09:22 AM »
well what do the long term Barney lads think of the Mowden raiders?

City demolished a yorkshire side yesterday.. So the comments about Yorkshire sides being stronger doesnt ring true and the opportunity to test yourself will enhance your squad not demean it.. win or lose.

Just my opinion, i respect others may see it different
Rugby is for everyone, not just the chosen few

Offline Lprogers25

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 08:39:13 AM »
The 'long term Barney lads' welcomed the 4/5 'Mowden raiders' with open arms...

Yes BadgerBear, City (who haven't lost a L7 game since 07/11/15 and who are by far the strongest time in D and N 1, demolished BS who haven't won a L7 game since 21/11/15 and are one of the poorer sides in Y1) so to be honest I think the majority would have predicted a City win, especially with them being at home!!!

Whenever teams have been level transferred from D&N to Yorkshire, those sides have been battered week in, week out by the majority of teams in Y1.

@Carson, yes I imagine Barney have used DMP boys over the past few seasons, but the link between the clubs and the school is strong so why not take advantage?? I don't think Barney will have ever fielded a player who was un-registered with the club.

I believe that standard of rugby is higher within Yorkshire, from what I have witnessed as a player/coach/match official, but again this is my opinion!!

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 08:47:36 AM »
But the point being that another club in the division may have loved a chance to compete in that competition... It appears Barney sacked it off after losing to rockliffe... you must see the frustration of clubs that may have welcomed a chance to play in the competition?

If the DMP lads have fully joined and are fully part of the club including being involved and no payments are made then fair play to Barney.

Offline Carson21

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 09:31:05 AM »

@Carson, yes I imagine Barney have used DMP boys over the past few seasons, but the link between the clubs and the school is strong so why not take advantage?? I don't think Barney will have ever fielded a player who was un-registered with the club.

So Craig Dominic was signed for you's last season after playing for mowden the week or so earlier ? And playing for Durham county ect ?? Yeah right

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 12:32:02 PM »
Not really in the spirit of it though is it? ::)

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 12:44:59 PM »
Not at all... Just my opinion... Thats quite an arrogant statement.

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 12:53:25 PM »
Well I dont play in this league, and havent played, I dont have an issue with Barney or if they have signed players from wherever, if its been done in the right way then no comment to make on it.

But by your own admission you played a DMP player in a cup game to because he was a youth player at Barney and had been good enough to maintain a membership.

Im sure a few of the falcons havedone the same with their junior clubs... does that mean they should come and play in the cups?

Offline Carson21

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »
There even getting slated on the Yorkshire forum . We were suppose to play them in a double header last season league and cup we beat them and went back on there word saying the reason was there bar takings were down and it would be financially better for an other home game . Obviously a week or so after they had there mowden boys back and beat us ..
Obviously there bar is doing better this season to be able to cry a home fixture in the cup ...

Offline graemed3

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 07:44:17 PM »
Well Carson 21 with reference to to City signing Craig Dominic last season how come he played in the cup final which was played at city for Barnard Castle against Houghton at the end of last season ?

Offline Carson21

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 09:19:19 PM »
Well Carson 21 with reference to to City signing Craig Dominic last season how come he played in the cup final which was played at city for Barnard Castle against Houghton at the end of last season ?

When did I say he played for city ??? Read it again I said he was playing for mowden and in the county side ..... And yeah he played for barney but wasn't signed as a league player just a club member and that's what I'm getting at I think to play in s county cup game you should be league registered NOT a member of a club

Offline Carson21

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 09:20:53 PM »
Hence the Durham county

Offline No. 6 to Middlegate

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 09:39:07 PM »
Lprogers25 - I believe the national league game was at home so your argument falters a little

There is an interesting discussion of this on Barnard Castle's facebook (open group) site. I read it that players wanted to play but management didn't. 

Personally I ‎have always found Barnard Castle to be the most, ahem, vocal club when games are called off. Usually they complain that sides won't travel to them and they have lost revenue, wasted food etc.   So it is ironic that they cry off a home game that would have earned them a decent amount of money as the Leeds team were bringing 2 bus loads.