Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Remain a member of the European Union
2 (40%)
Leave the European Union
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: EU Referendum. In or Out?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
EU Referendum. In or Out?
« on: February 29, 2016, 04:32:59 PM »
Surprised nothing has been said on here about this yet. May as well get something going!

I've attached a poll too.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: EU Referendum. In or Out?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 06:16:05 PM »
If we were allowed to be our own boss it wouldn't be an issue. But other countries (that we have helped defend during countless conflicts over the centuries) keep calling the shots and dictating how we manage our affairs. This can only warrant a git big "NO" (non/nein/nay) from this lad.

Offline Big John

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 11:14:06 AM »
Leaving the eu would be terrible news for thousands in the northeast. Nissan have stated that they would be likely to move there business to another eu coutry if britain were to leave.

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:44:30 PM »
Nope, not sure that is totally true.

They may well have backed the in vote in the past but they won't leave Washington as it will be against their interests. The UK exports far more to the EU than it imports so moving elsewhere may not be the smartest move for their business plan...

Add into the fact that Toyota recently said they will stay in the UK if we vote to leave may well swing Nissan's views on this in the future.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 08:45:32 PM »
I honestly think Nissan know what side their bread is buttered on. They'd be hard pressed to find a workforce thats as productive and dedicated as the one they've already got here. If its not broke, why fix it? Having said that, it has huge French influence... and we all know how much them basteurds hate us.

Offline 1066

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 06:38:38 PM »
Im an out voter of the euro gravy train that most of our political elite fawn over,there accounts haven't been signed off for years,you wouldnt get away with that if your the boss of your own company,unaccountable bureaucrats.I think we import more cars BMW AUDI VW it will get dirty though and I dont think we will be able to get into some of the markets we used to NZ lamb nearly went tits up when we joined the EU and I dont think if the people of Britain do vote to leave that the EU will accept this remember Ireland they were made to vote again.