Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any Old Excuse  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Any Old Excuse
« on: March 15, 2016, 01:17:21 PM »
Joe Marler called Samson Lee a derogatory name (Gypsy Boy) during the course of Saturday's game with Wales. He saw the error of his ways and rightly apologised to Samson at half-time; which I would imagine was accepted graciously and they carried on playing. Now I've just read that a campaigner for the Traveller Community has written to the RFU playing the race card and demanding he be dealt with harshly.

For ****'s sake man, has the world gone mad or something? I deeply hope that the RFU treat this ridiculous claim with the contempt it deserves and kicks it into touch because its nowt short of laughable in my book. On the other hand, I could get a backdated claim in myself for all of the times I've been called and play my "ginger" and "fat" trump cards in court.

Haway man, get a grip.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:17:43 PM by Neil Roseberry »

Offline Jobba

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
Re: Any Old Excuse
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 08:05:27 PM »
I agree Neil!!  Little disappointed in Rob Howley getting involved and adding his comments, which will only ensure this drags on a little longer!!
If they don't get Marler for his daft 'wind-up' comment, they'll get him for his cheeky fore-arm dig on the Welsh loose head on the floor!! Either way, my money is on he'll be missing for the Froggies...... Oops sorry, I could get cited for that comment...... Meant to say the French  :D

Offline 1066

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 06:56:16 PM »
I see the bullshit  biased corporation has aired the Joe Marler  incident saying it's a racist comment after Gatland said it was banter he changed his mind so some pressure must have been applied ,thought the retort from Eddie Jones was good saying the Welsh Rugby union didn't know whether they are Arthur or Martha  ;D

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 07:22:54 PM »
Samson Lee has been interviewed on the matter. He said he'd taken the so-called offending comment as banter and had been happy to accept Joe Marler's apology at the interval then carry on playing.

So if he's happy with the outcome why should some spokesman for the travellers community be allowed to jump on the bandwagon (... or pony and trap in this instance...) and make a mountain out of a molehill.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 09:54:47 AM »
20,000 fine and a two game ban. Perhaps if Joe Marler should had claimed 'Anglophobia' he may have gotten a fairer outcome. Just gives creedance to that saying, "nobody likes us, we don't care."

Offline Aidanb

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 05:05:53 PM »
Joe Marler called Samson Lee a derogatory name (Gypsy Boy) during the course of Saturday's game with Wales. He saw the error of his ways and rightly apologised to Samson at half-time; which I would imagine was accepted graciously and they carried on playing. Now I've just read that a campaigner for the Traveller Community has written to the RFU playing the race card and demanding he be dealt with harshly.

For ****'s sake man, has the world gone mad or something? I deeply hope that the RFU treat this ridiculous claim with the contempt it deserves and kicks it into touch because its nowt short of laughable in my book. On the other hand, I could get a backdated claim in myself for all of the times I've been called and play my "ginger" and "fat" trump cards in court.

Haway man, get a grip.

you forgot to add "bastard" to the names you've been called