Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Level Transfer to Y1?  (Read 13748 times)

Offline John T

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
Re: Level Transfer to Y1?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 10:58:41 AM »
I've heard the same (from a reliable source) but understand an appeal will be/has been lodged hence the delay in the fixtures being announced🙂🙂

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 08:41:50 PM »
Are Acklam not being shoved from 1 league system to another (with promotion & relagation)?????

could be wrong on this one mind.

Offline Leaskie

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 09:53:21 AM »
I don't really understand all this. However, couldn't Barney or Hartlepool go into Yorkshire 1 then someone like Yarnbury or Selby come across ?
I remember playing both these sides at Westoe when we were climbing the leagues. At the time Selby had a very good young ten, possibly called Carl Patterson. Great away trips.

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 02:21:57 PM »
Too right you don't understand it!!

What would sending a D & N club to Yorkshire and taking a Yorkshire club to D&N achieve?

I feel sorry for Acklam - its had an effect on them jumping into Y1 already so to make them do it again seems harsh. To me Middlesbrough are better equipped in terms of playing and financial resources to make that step (and nearly exactly the same distance).
Rugby is for everyone, not just the chosen few

Offline Carson21

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »
I don't really understand all this. However, couldn't Barney or Hartlepool go into Yorkshire 1 then someone like Yarnbury or Selby come across ?
I remember playing both these sides at Westoe when we were climbing the leagues. At the time Selby had a very good young ten, possibly called Carl Patterson. Great away trips.

Are you for real ? Why would Hartlepool go ? We have just been promoted to dn1 which we all know is a big jump from dn2 and Yorkshire 1 is an even bigger jump . It as also a far bigger journey every week.

Offline Renegade

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 04:01:33 PM »
I se this thread re appear year after year and the problem never goes away.

The truth is if Yorkshire One needs another team then the only clubs who should be considered are the Yorkshire clubs who play in D & N because its convenient. At the moment that is Boro and Acklam, suggestions that any Durham clubs should move are ridiculous, they are Durham clubs playing in the Durham & Northumberland league system which is their own county league.

I agree its tough on Acklam or Boro but that's what happens when you are from a different county but play in a more convenient (geographically) league system.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 04:47:48 PM »

Are you for real ? Why would Hartlepool go ? We have just been promoted to dn1 which we all know is a big jump from dn2 and Yorkshire 1 is an even bigger jump . It as also a far bigger journey every week.

... And the fact Hartlepool and Barney are a DURHAM clubs should rule them out of the equation.

Offline Leaskie

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »
Like I said I'm lost.

People are saying that Boro and Acklam can't transfer because they have done it before or something along those lines.

Other people are saying that it is Acklam.

All I was offering was my opinion. I don't know much about Eng geography but I think the teams I mentioned are south of where I live.

Sorry if it's a stupid thought, perhaps Stockton is a better option ?

Offline atilla

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 09:51:20 PM »

The truth is if Yorkshire One needs another team then the only clubs who should be considered are the Yorkshire clubs who play in D & N because its convenient. At the moment that is Boro and Acklam, suggestions that any Durham clubs should move are ridiculous, they are Durham clubs playing in the Durham & Northumberland league system which is their own county league.

I agree its tough on Acklam or Boro but that's what happens when you are from a different county but play in a more convenient (geographically) league system.
It's not the geographical location of a club that matters, it's which CB they belong to. Once a club has been accepted by another CB, then thats who they come under.

Offline Silentassassin

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 11:40:42 PM »
Acklam have been affiliated with Durham and Northumberland  for years,  mboro changed there affiliation from Yorkshire to Durham 2016 ( I wonder why!!!!)

Offline John T

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 07:01:20 AM »
Sillentassassin, can you confirm the present situation, have your club (Acklam) been told by the RFU that they are to level transfer ? And if so, is or has an appeal been lodged ?

Offline atilla

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2016, 08:20:46 AM »
Acklam have been affiliated with Durham and Northumberland  for years,  mboro changed there affiliation from Yorkshire to Durham 2016 ( I wonder why!!!!)
It doesn't give them any protection from level transfer.

Offline Zerpo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 10:57:09 AM »

Renegade  - You have hit the nail on the head

Offline atilla

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 01:20:22 PM »

Renegade  - You have hit the nail on the head
Smacks of little Englander this.

No one has suddenly created new rules that work against teams up here in the North East.
I don't see anyone expressing sympathy for Penrith having to come across (again) every other week for N1E, or Sheffield having to travel down for their Midlands3 games.

Ironically most clubs seems only too happy to want to enter the National Cups which could mean serious travel. I say most but some clubs wave the white flag if they don't like the look of the Yorkshire competition.

Offline Prioryman

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 04:41:20 PM »
It seems to me that the attitude of Durham clubs with respect to level transfer of clubs south of the river is " bugger you Jack, I'm alright" !