Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Level Transfer to Y1?  (Read 16983 times)

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: Level Transfer to Y1?
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2016, 07:50:10 PM »
Atilla-its 1 extra team so 2 extra fixtures, i know the fixture list is already crowded but as a player i would rather take 2 more games than all the travel......take your choice

Didnt mind explaining at all......

Offline atilla

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2016, 09:21:00 AM »
But the schedules don't allow for it.
Besides, the rules and regulations are issued......but because some now don't like the outcome they want to ignore the process.

A bit like clubs taking up the offer of a place in the National Cups then blogging on the fixtures. Ironically one of them, BC, getting themselves entered into the level transfer argument.

If people are unhappy with the current regulations they should take it up with their CB representative and let them know the strength of feeling on the subject.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2016, 12:53:27 PM »
The reason there is an odd number of teams in DN3 is because all of the leagues above them have been evened up. So if this was to be applicable in the Yorkshire league set up from Y1-Y5 maybe there'd be no need for level transfers.

Just a thought from a humble man at Level 9.  ;)

Offline stuartdm

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2016, 12:21:50 AM »
Atilla-its 1 extra team so 2 extra fixtures, i know the fixture list is already crowded but as a player i would rather take 2 more games than all the travel......take your choice

It's 2 extra fixtures, but 4 extra league Saturday's because each week there will be one team without a game.

Offline atilla

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2016, 08:30:00 AM »

It's 2 extra fixtures, but 4 extra league Saturday's because each week there will be one team without a game.
And the RFU have tried every fiddle and cheat they can think of to reduce the leagues down to 12 teams so the chances of them letting them drift up to 15 or more are slim indeed.

Offline jimm101

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2016, 04:07:22 PM »
When is the appeal hearing for Acklam? Does anyone give them a chance of success? D&N1 are the only fixtures not out yet in our region.

RFU official website has Acklam in Y1 league....

Offline Silentassassin

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2016, 05:30:53 PM »
Appeal was Monday,  we find out on Friday the outcome.
We're not getting our hopes up!!

Offline Silentassassin

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2016, 12:19:07 PM »
Appeal failed.... Looking forward to a tough season in y1,  and a few good bus trips ☺️.

Offline monkeytroll

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2016, 06:16:04 PM »
sorry to hear that - back onto the merry go round  - good luck - always enjoyed playing against Acklam

Offline Leaskie

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2016, 08:00:21 PM »
Hospitality was fantastic at our match this season (incl the called off game) Great atmosphere at the club, some good players as well so hopefully you get stuck in ! Great opportunity to play in a very competitive league week in week out.

Offline Prioryman

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2016, 06:07:58 PM »
Best of luck for the season Ack.  Why the RFU couldn't have just relegated one from Y1, who knows.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »
Good luck Acklam. Hope to see you back in DN leagues soon.

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2016, 06:25:21 PM »
Tough luck Acklam. I felt that you were shafted 3 years ago but look at how you're fairing in comparison to the side that asked not to be transferred...

I feel for you again this time. Its as if the RFU are fundamentally incorrigible - to the despair of many clubs.

Hopefully you'll be stronger than the last time you were there. We're all backing you!

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2016, 12:12:26 PM »
Well said Guv. l think its fair to say, thats a sentiment the vast majority of us will share right now. It just goes to show how little we all matter to the powers that be. At the end of the day, we're all tiny fish in a big pond... its just a case of trying to avoid the attention of the bigger fish who don't give a shit what we taste like, but continue to gobble us up regardless.

Offline borodunny

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »
Thanks Guys, we wouldn't wish a level transfer on anyone but twice in short succession is a bit of a kick in the teeth, different league for 5 or 6 years in a row for us I think? DN 2, DN1, Y1, DN2, DN1, Y1 and hopefully DN1 next year.

Not bothered by the challenge and the guys over in Yorkshire are very hospitable, indeed we adopted the regular buffet many of you have feasted on :) but the travel can get a bit tedious. Hopefully we will give a better account of ourselves this time round and I look forward to playing you the season after (injuries pending :) )