Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DMP the new Newcastle Gosforth?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
DMP the new Newcastle Gosforth?
« on: October 28, 2016, 04:55:32 PM »
They can't get a second team to play Tynedale IIs. Are they preparing to go fully professional and in turn ridding itself of its junior sides...?

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
Re: DMP the new Newcastle Gosforth?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 07:00:45 PM »
I think they must be ready to go pop soon Guv.... Rumours of Sharks aligning to Falcons been bandied about.

They cant sustain that stadium along with salaries for long!
Rugby is for everyone, not just the chosen few

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 06:38:29 PM »
Blaydon can't fulfil a 3rd team fixture this Saturday. When the National League sides are struggling you realise the game has problems.

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:13:27 PM »
There needs to be a review at all levels.. ring fence the premiership, full time pro only as low as level 2, semi pro rest of national leagues and strictly amateur below national league level. I would have feeder clubs and allow dual reg for national league 3rds and below
Rugby is for everyone, not just the chosen few

Offline No. 6 to Middlegate

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 11:01:36 PM »
Blaydon can't fulfil a 3rd team fixture this Saturday. When the National League sides are struggling you realise the game has problems.

I believe Mowden cried off a 2nd XV game last week.  If you look at Mowden and Tynedale's 2nd XV's fixtures and results there always seems to be 1 or 2 games a month not played. I can't figure out Blaydon's website but presume they are similar.  Most of these I guess are opposition cancelling as they feel the 'Big 3' are too strong.  It does query the rationale of any players moving to these clubs to improve themselves but not getting in 1st XV..

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 09:41:32 AM »
I'd definitely agree with you on that one. It's a shame the trial 2nd XV Nat League fell through. I'm sure they would get much more out of it than not playing/pasting most other clubs in the Candy league.

Fair play to Blaydon 2s last week, they started with 13 and played the majority of the game with 14 against Novos 2s last week; they still bloody won as well! But if they're struggling to get a full 2nd XV out at home and now they can't get a 3rd XV out it really does beg the question: is our game struggling at all levels? Not just the DN leagues (in particular DN3)

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 09:56:26 PM »
Man if the big clubs cant get a 2nd XV out what chance do the reast of us have?

Offline AcmeThunderer

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 12:41:21 AM »
DMP, Blaydon, are not the only clubs up here in the north east to struggle to get junior sides out.  Just about every club in this region has problems getting their own lower sides to turn out, especially if they're to travel to away fixtures.  Despite what the RFU say, sadly, the game up here is in dire straights. You only have to look at the number of matches arranged to see that. If you then look at the number of arranged/ rearranged matches that don't go ahead you can see that the factor is compounded.
Have to say I don't envy anyone involved in arranging fixtures / appointments / officials and I think we should all treat anyone who is with the utmost respect and appreciation.