Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Big Stitch Up  (Read 20626 times)

Offline Hit Man Hall

• Alickadoo
  • Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    • View Profile
The Big Stitch Up
« on: January 22, 2017, 05:54:53 PM »
Stockton visited Medicals on Saturday for what they thought was going to be a normal L7 league game, however they were greeted by a number of Northumbria Referee Society officials who advised they had a team of 3 referees, "all wired up for sound" as Sir Cliff Richards would say, and other officials watching Stockton due to some alleged incidents that allegedly happened during some games and had been posted on the D&N forum website.

Game Statistics... Stockton conceded 18 penalties in a row, 34 penalties in total, 4 yellow cards and a red card. All before Dom Joly turned up with the TV crew from trigger happy TV... anyway Medicals won with only 7 penalties, "you would think butter wouldn't melt", following the game the Medical players retired to their Rabit Warrens but before saying they hoped Stockton didn't think they had anything to do with the Stitch up! No of caurse we don't" we don't think for one minute that Medicals played any part in this given their reaction at the end of the game.

However I'd like to thank the honest and brave Medicals player who was the alleged victim of the alleged knee to the head, who admitted to Stockton that no contact was made and that the referee got it wrong!!

The victim in all this was the tearful young player who received the red card and tried to speak to the referee after the game and was dismissed by him saying you got what "youse" deserve!! The clue is in the "youse".

Very disappointing and embarrassing for many on the day, what is the game coming to!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:15:12 PM by Hit Man Hall »
"Get the first tackle in early even if it's late"

Offline Inspirational?

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Stitch Up
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 06:34:01 PM »
No the real victim here is RUGBY.

If fact this is shameful.

Of course there is 2 sides to every story.

I would be interested to hear how and who was involved in appointing 3 officials to this game and wonder what the objective was?

To ensure fair play?
Or to punish any offence by Stockton?

We played away at Stockton in our previous fixture and they were tough, physical and committed and there where incidents from both teams during the game. Nothing dirty. Plenty of refereeing decisions to debate after the game. We lost and we all had a beer together afterwards.

Offline No. 6 to Middlegate

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 07:19:58 PM »
Stockton visited Medicals on Saturday for what they thought was going to be a normal L7 league game, however they were greeted by a number of Northumbria Referee Society officials who advised they had a team of 3 referees, "all wired up for sound" as Sir Cliff Richards would say, and other officials watching Stockton due to some alleged incidents that allegedly happened during some games and had been posted on the D&N forum website.

Game Statistics... Stockton conceded 18 penalties in a row, 34 penalties in total, 4 yellow cards and a red card. All before Dom Joly turned up with the TV crew from trigger happy TV... anyway Medicals won with only 7 penalties, "you would think butter wouldn't melt", following the game the Medical players retired to their Rabit Warrens but before saying they hoped Stockton didn't think they had anything to do with the Stitch up! No of caurse we don't" we don't think for one minute that you are a bunch of cry baby soft shites that need big brother to protect you from the bullies from Stockton that may take your sweets off you!

However I'd like to thank the honest and brave Medicals player who was the alleged victim of the alleged knee to the head, who admitted to Stockton that no contact was made and that the referee got it wrong!!

The victim in all this was the tearful young player who received the red card and tried to speak to the referee after the game and was dismissed by him saying you got what "youse" deserve!! The clue is in the "youse".

Very disappointing and embarrassing for many on the day, what is the game coming to!

2 points

1.  Were you there and actually witnessed the above? Or are you repeating what you have been told?

2.  As a current Referee you appear, to me, to have gone beyond the normal standards of impartiality.  Stockton are 'we' and Medicals are 'cry baby soft shites'.  How can you Referee either of these in the future?

Offline Hit Man Hall

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 08:40:33 PM »

Game Statistics... Stockton conceded 18 penalties in a row, 34 penalties in total, 4 yellow cards and a red card. All before Dom Joly turned up with the TV crew from trigger happy TV... anyway Medicals won with only 7 penalties, "you would think butter wouldn't melt", following the game the Medical players retired to their Rabit Warrens but before saying they hoped Stockton didn't think they had anything to do with the Stitch up! No of caurse we don't" we don't think for one minute that you are a bunch of cry baby soft shites that need big brother to protect you from the bullies from Stockton that may take your sweets off you!

2 points

1.  Were you there and actually witnessed the above? Or are you repeating what you have been told?

2.  As a current Referee you appear, to me, to have gone beyond the normal standards of impartiality.  Stockton are 'we' and Medicals are 'cry baby soft shites'.  How can you Referee either of these in the future?
I would have no problem refereeing these two team, I never have any preconceived ideas about any team or game and certainly wouldn't need the backup of 2nd and 3rd officials. I'm Totally unbiased, fair and honest.

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 09:36:50 PM »
 I never have any preconceived ideas about any team
[/quote]

Apart from inferring that Medicals are "cry baby soft shites" ?

Has is it occurred to you that teams might now have a problem with you?  I am all for ref's contributing to this forum but have to say I think your post is ill advised to say the least.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:37:35 PM by No. 6 to Middlegate »

Offline Hit Man Hall

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »

Has is it occurred to you that teams might now have a problem with you?  I am all for ref's contributing to this forum but have to say I think your post is ill advised to say the least.
[/quote]

No 6 to Middlegate, you're assuming  that I'm a ref, if you read the post properly, 'we don't think' was the quote suggesting not Medicals, they were aggrieved as much as Stockton and embarrassed.

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 10:54:11 PM »

No 6 to Middlegate, you're assuming  that I'm a ref
, if you read the post properly, 'we don't think' was the quote suggesting not Medicals, they were aggrieved as much as Stockton and embarrassed.
[/quote]

-------------------

Well as you posted as recently as last month that you are a ref it isn't much of an assumption.

As your username on here is Hit Man Hall and from other posts my further assumption is that you are Carl Hall.  Who used to play for Stockton. 

As you were down to Referee Gateshead v Ryton yesterday I believe you were not actually at Medicals.

Given that you will probably be refereeing Medicals and Stockton against other teams in the future I say again.  Your post is ill advised. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:59:54 PM by No. 6 to Middlegate »

Offline Mugsy

• Alickadoo
  • View from the blue horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 01:06:48 AM »
I have to agree with No 6; whatever the rights and wrongs of what happened at Medicals, that post appears insulting, ill-advised and, from an RFU official, frankly childish.
It would be very interesting, for balance, to hear what Northumberland Referees Society have to say about both the fixture in question and Mr Hall's post. Perhaps one of the 'cry baby soft shites' from Medicals would like to crawl out from their 'Rabit Warrens' (sic) and offer their side of events. I like Stockton RFC, have long-standing old friends there and have never considered them a 'dirty' club. However, Mr Hall's post does neither that fine club nor Durham RefSoc any favours whatsoever.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:28:01 PM by Mugsy »

Offline Gbh589

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 07:20:35 AM »
Wow really "the big stitch up " .

I refer you to an early topic this season "on the pitch thuggery " .  The reason the officials were in place were due to incidents in the previous game which ended with 4 players in hospital. As a club we have a duty of care towards both our own players and visiting players hence the officials in the return fixture.

At the end of the day the officials make the decisions and justify what they do, people seem to forget they they have a split second to make a decision and don't have the luxury of replays. These decisions are not always to the liking of the 50 or so referees on the side lines (sorry typo i meant supporters )

I really don't know why we have to justify having 3 officials , as the penalty and card count does that itself. I also may add that 2 of the yellows were issued to Medicals players

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:32:57 AM by Gbh589 »

Offline bleeptest

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »
There are more stoppages due to 'injuries' in games against Medicals than there are in any other match.  ???

Offline doctor_nick

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 10:41:38 AM »
Would be interested to know on what objective evidence that last statement was based on?

Player welfare has to be a priority and ensuring appropriate measures are taken to uphold that is imperative. This notion  that 'injuries' are made up or faked is in bad taste. Why would a team want/have more injuries, it makes more no sense? If the author is implying that Medicals are weaker or as another author stated 'cry baby soft shites' well results clearly indicate otherwise. You can't win 9 games if players are getting 'injured' with every tackle.

Some authors posting on here need a reality check, insinuating 'stitch ups' referee bias and feigning of injuries doesn't do them any favours. There'll be games when things go against your team and games when they do, that's rugby.

Offline Aidanb

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
Would be interested to know on what objective evidence that last statement was based on?

Player welfare has to be a priority and ensuring appropriate measures are taken to uphold that is imperative. This notion  that 'injuries' are made up or faked is in bad taste. Why would a team want/have more injuries, it makes more no sense? If the author is implying that Medicals are weaker or as another author stated 'cry baby soft shites' well results clearly indicate otherwise. You can't win 9 games if players are getting 'injured' with every tackle.

Some authors posting on here need a reality check, insinuating 'stitch ups' referee bias and feigning of injuries doesn't do them any favours. There'll be games when things go against your team and games when they do, that's rugby.

In my experience of playing Medicals I couldn't catch them to try and slow them down a bit with a sore spot or 2

Offline davebarnes

• Senior Colt
  • Remember when Rugby was a contact sport?
    • View Profile
    • Westoe RFC
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 11:11:24 AM »
I would have thought any side would be glad to have a full compliment of referees at any match.

They're welcome to run touch at any of our matches - (One less job for me)

Bring back the ruck.

Offline Pit Wheel

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 03:53:41 PM »
I'll just go and get the popcorn ....

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 04:21:59 PM »
I'll just go and get the popcorn ....

wish i had come up with that line............................. ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 04:23:45 PM by local player »