Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Big Stitch Up  (Read 16293 times)

Offline Aidanb

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Stitch Up
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 09:56:16 AM »
The original post set the tone, I'm afraid. It was always going to end thus.

is that like saying "he started it!" ?

we all need to just take a breath before getting drawn in

Offline exroofer

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 09:58:28 AM »
In my opinion this is exactly the sort of topic that should be discussed in the rugby community.

People who are connected to either club concerned will have a strong opinion, express it, then hear the response from the other side. Better to listen to both sides of the story in an open forum and hopefully at the end of it, all concerned will feel better with getting their grievances off their chests and maybe they will also see the way others view it.

All too often members of a rugby club are insular and do not appreciate how their club is viewed by others in the rugby community.

Offline TheFatGazelle

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 10:11:15 AM »
Neil you have me dying to be inflammotory now. But I will hold my tongue
COUGH * STOCKTON ARE A BUNCH OF THUGS AND MEDICALS ARE A BUNCH OF POSHO SOFT SHITES* COUGH COUGH

Just Kidding ;)

Offline Aidanb

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 10:12:11 AM »
great concept exroofer

as long as people are able to do that properly and not descend to name calling and abusive posts

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 10:14:48 AM »
Fair point lads. However, l'd hate to see us end up like our Yorkshire counterparts. Some of the threads on their forum are very hostile and are allowed to go a little bit too far (in my opinion).

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 10:16:33 AM »
Neil you have me dying to be inflammotory now. But I will hold my tongue
COUGH * STOCKTON ARE A BUNCH OF THUGS AND MEDICALS ARE A BUNCH OF POSHO SOFT SHITES* COUGH COUGH

Just Kidding ;)

Ha ha ha. One or two horses may already have got through the gate but l've now got a firm hold of the bolt (oooo errrr matron)  🙊
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:49:38 AM by Neil Roseberry »

Offline Honsec

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »
The number of contributions to this thread evidence that people respond to controversial posts. The fact that matters get a little tetchy further evidences this. By definition some posts may border on the unacceptable and, quite correctly, admin people step in with yellow cards, hopefully not red. Threads such as this one are why the forum was set up, to encourage dialogue from people passionate about rugby football.

Offline davebarnes

• Senior Colt
  • Remember when Rugby was a contact sport?
    • View Profile
    • Westoe RFC
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 11:45:34 AM »
And I thought everybody loved each other in this league  ;D
Bring back the ruck.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 11:50:17 AM »
l'm sure they do Dave... deep down. Whatever happened to talking about issues over a few beers after the game? Surely thats where hatchets should be buried so we all have a chance to move on like the gentlemen we profess to be. (Food for thought)

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 11:56:18 AM »

If you make a offical complaint about another club/team/individual player you must be prepared to accept the results of your actions.

Today that means social media, it also means the club making the complaint has to be whiter than white or risk having a complaint made against them.  Note this is not just aimed at Meds-i have played against clubs that give it out but sued/contact the police when they took some back.

Should the NRFU/Refs society not have contacted Stockton to let them know (not sure if they did) what was happening?

Offline Aidanb

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 12:13:12 PM »
I am surprised that there isn't a well publicised complaints procedure.

for example
if club a makes a complaint to the league about club b then the league must surely pass that complaint directly to club b for comment. then hold a meeting to hear both sides and make a decision which is communicated to both sides.

Anything less than an open and fair process is a bit odd

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2017, 12:22:11 PM »
... with full involvement from the relevant CB's Disciplinary Committees.

Offline exroofer

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2017, 01:51:04 PM »

If you make a offical complaint about another club/team/individual player you must be prepared to accept the results of your actions.

Today that means social media, it also means the club making the complaint has to be whiter than white or risk having a complaint made against them.  Note this is not just aimed at Meds-i have played against clubs that give it out but sued/contact the police when they took some back.

Should the NRFU/Refs society not have contacted Stockton to let them know (not sure if they did) what was happening?

Couldn't agree more, some years ago at my own club, a player , notorious for cheap shots, got some back and immediately pressed charges, thankfully without success . Unfortunately it soured the relationship between the two clubs permanently.

Offline Mugsy

• Alickadoo
  • View from the blue horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2017, 05:07:31 PM »
The original post set the tone, I'm afraid. It was always going to end thus.
[/quote]

is that like saying "he started it!" ?
[/quote]

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Just like in a match - there are often bun fights and handbags; a good ref will have spotted who caused the flare-up in the first place and will duly punish the instigator. As Neil has done, he may in addition issue yellows to those who retaliated. Personally I think the deliberately inflammatory language used by the instigator in this case deserves a red from both the forum and the Referees Society. Clearly the Admins disagree and that's fine by me. I will respect others' opinions all day long provided they are expressed in a measured, friendly manner. You said that yourself, aapierre.
As I know from 36 years of marriage, if you begin a conversation with angry abuse, insults and name-calling, (especially about an event you didn't even witness) then that's exactly what you're going to get back. (Not from me in this case, I hasten to add.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:12:17 PM by Mugsy »

Offline Sgt Bilko

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2017, 09:03:45 AM »
I agree with Mugsy.

Mr Hall at it again.