Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ups and Downs  (Read 714 times)

Offline small

• View Profile
Ups and Downs
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »
Just trying to get a bit of discussion on the forum - Looking at the table today, who do you think will go up and into the play off, and who will go down?
I said at the start of the season that Penrith might be the surprise package and I think they have proved that. They will take some stopping now they are on the top spot.
Pocklington are strong contenders as well as West Hartlepool, and although not completely written off, Alnwick might pull something of the bag. I think it will be between these four teams for the top spot.
Looking at the upcoming fixtures West still have four home games, three of which are Penrith, Pocklington and Alnwick so a diificult run in for them but at least they are all at home, Penrith have Pocklington and West on consecutive weeks and Pocklington still have the long trip to Alnwick to contend with .
My predictions are:
1. Penrith
2. West Hartlepool
3. Pocklington
4. Alnwick
Going down - I think that both Guisborough and Wheatley Hills are sunk already. Who from the group above could be contenders as any one of them could get dragged into this? 
Coming up, it looks like Northern/Westoe from DN1 and Bridlington from Y1 and coming down from Nat 3 we might see the return of Doncaster Phoenix who are struggling in that league.
Any thoughts from anyone else?

Offline Renegade

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: Ups and Downs
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 06:38:21 PM »
I think Barnard Castle might be in amongst the party for promotion with the games in hand!

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
Pock to win the league. Penrith to finish second.

I may have hijacked your relegation thread without noticing. Sorry!  :o

Offline Nicknack

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 07:11:23 PM »
Not to underestimate how tough it will be,but Renegade has a point about Barney. We're only 2 points behind Westoe with 2 games in hand on them and 7 points behind Northern with 3 games in hand on them. We've beaten both away and both have to come to our place. Should be an interesting run in and not the 2 horse race predicted above.

Offline small

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 09:50:42 PM »
Not a problem - nice to see some discussion on the forum.
Maybe the D&N 1 discussion has more to it than the table suggests - as Westoe and Northern have both been in N1E it may be time for some new blood and Barney might just be the right candidates. Games in hand are all good and well but they will need points in the bag. Good luck to them all.
I'm still going for Penrith as the automatic promotion team even after their hiccup with Morpeth.
Going down along with Wheatley Hills and Guisborough is even more difficult to predict, it is so close to the trapdoor for too many to pick but lets plump for M&N?