Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sky, Virgin or BT?  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Riddler

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
Sky, Virgin or BT?
« on: January 05, 2014, 12:59:12 PM »
Just been looking through bills and trying to get some of them down per month. I've currently got Sky tv, broadband which I think I pay 75-76ish per month for. I think it breaks down roughly 55 for Entertainment extra, Sports and Movies, 14 line rental and 7.50 broadband.

I don't particularly want to lose any of these as I watch loads of football and movies throughout the year, but i'm sick of paying so much.

Are BT or Virgin any cheaper? Does anyone have any recommendations? I've considered ringing Sky up and telling them I'm leaving to go elsewhere to try and get a better deal. Has anyone had any success with Sky offering discount after threats to leave lately?

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: Sky, Virgin or BT?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 11:45:04 AM »
Virgin's broadband service is fantastic. People say their customer service is poor, but I wouldn't know having Sky. You'll not find a better connection than the unlimited fibre optic VM have offered for years.

Their TV options don't seem as good as the competitors, Sky's On demand has Sky channels in addition to those VM's On demand service offers. BT sport of course has the rugby on it...

TiVo looks good with VM, but obviously out of the 3 VM is the only one without their own TV channels. So that's where it'll fall down in comparison to be honest. I'd say VM's Tivo is way ahead of Sky but then again you can get Sky Go! But I'd say VM wins it for me. Plus Sky and BT are t***s!  ;D

Offline Slam

• Senior Colt
  • The good old days
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 02:00:07 PM »
VM is the best by far purely for superior broadband service

Offline Riddler

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 09:31:24 PM »
Cheers guys. After long deliberation I've gone with Virgin Media.

Fingers crossed its the right choice! It seemed to be the cheapest deal