Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Free Speech  (Read 547 times)

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Free Speech
« on: February 22, 2017, 11:03:37 AM »
l attended the Durham County RFU general committee meeting last night and - because of my association with this wonderful Forum - several individuals were keen to speak to me about a recent topic. lt won't take a rocket scientist to identify which particular thread we are talking about here.

Basically, one of the committee men from a certain club thinks it was bang out of order that his club were "allowed" to be discussed in such a public way and that our Forum is ridiculous. l reassured him that the forum is administered by a small band of volunteers and all flammable entries are censored if they are likely to offend or defame clubs and/or individuals. l also argued that the forum can't really be that pathetic, judging by the amount of action it sees and the number of members it retains.

Mind you, this 'suit' couldn't be bothered to turn around and give me eye contact while he was spouting forth his point of view so l'm not even sure l should even take what he had to say on board. l wonder if this was because of my association with the Forum or maybe because l'm from a little Level 9 club.

ln summary, whilst admins will always try to ensure that entries liable to cause offence are censored, free speech and opinion will always be advocated on this fine (and far from ridiculous) Forum.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:46:25 PM by Neil Roseberry »

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
Re: Free Speech
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 12:20:39 PM »
Which offended club was that Neil? For goodness sake... are people not allowed to say what they think anymore??
Rugby is for everyone, not just the chosen few

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 04:55:54 PM »
lt would appear not my friend. lsn't this the way nazi Germany started? 😉

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 05:33:32 PM »
Regardless of what has been said, the forum seems a stronger place because of it. More views are being exchanged and at the moment we seem to getting along with one another and we're actually able to debate matters that affect all our clubs.

Hopefully, they can see the benefits of this place as opposed to the odd negative.

If it was that bad they wouldn't waste their time to come on and have a look would they? I bet they'll be looking at it right this second....

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 07:06:43 PM »
people have tried to censor me in the past... its never worked yet!
Rugby is for everyone, not just the chosen few

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 10:09:09 PM »
... and hopefully never will mate.