Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who,s going up  (Read 4544 times)

Offline Passed it

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
Who,s going up
« on: March 11, 2017, 10:17:11 PM »
Following today's results the race for promotion has gone from a 2 to 3 horse race .
Redcar look odds on but can Rock catch Pont? Thoughts please. Great win by Whitby by the way.
Also who is going down? Blyth pushing S Shields hard and games to play may favour Blyth Lets here what you think!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:27:49 PM by Passed it »

Offline MR SPOCK

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: Who,s going up
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 01:24:24 AM »
Rock have to play Winlaton away shorty it will be the first time in a long time that the Vulcans will be able to put out a decent squad against Rock,and as much as we like Rock they will have their work cut out if they want promotion
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:13:47 PM by MR SPOCK »

Offline Renegade

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 06:42:06 AM »
This league is really competitive and teams down at 8, 9, 10 such as Sedgefield and Winlaton seem to be able to beat top sides especially at home. There is a little bit more to do for Pont and Rock to grab that 2nd spot.

Blyth seem to be hitting some form especially at home, S Shields have the points but will need a win or two I think to stay up.

Offline thelaw

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 05:47:05 PM »
I'm not sure if there is a post on these forums where someone associated with Winlaton doesn't mention about their team missing players or being full strength... zzzzz

Offline MR SPOCK

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 07:48:38 PM »
Wake up man, wake up after 13 weeks of winning nowt i think everyone should be kept in the loop
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 08:52:07 PM by MR SPOCK »

Offline Honsec

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 10:38:28 AM »
WBR have to play an improving Winlaton side but Ponteland have an away game at Bishop Auckland. Lots of tight games where a number of teams could upset either WBR and / or Ponteland. I recon the Pont v Bishop game will be the game that decides between WBR and Pont.

Offline Drunkon Rock

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 11:58:41 AM »
Looking at the fixtures, Pont would seem to be favourite as destiny is in their own hands ! Rock have to play Winlaton, by all accounts are back to full strength, so people keep telling us, and we haven't won there for yonks, a bit of a bogey team for us. We still have to play Darlo at home, whereas Pont play doomed Seaton Carew on the last day of the season. Not forgetting that we have Redcar at home!
If I were a betting man I'd be wedging up on Pont, unfortunately
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:00:19 PM by Drunkon Rock »

Offline Passed it

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 10:40:38 PM »
Well not much change at the top or bottom after this weeks games. It's going to come down to the Bish v Pont and Rock v Redcar to decide things. IMO Bish will pip Pont and Rock will upset Redcar so any try or losing bonuses will be vital. My guess is top Redcar runner up Rock. At the bottom the Seaton v Blyth game could be Blyths get out of jail result as Shields seem to have lost the winning habit. Seaton bottom and Shields to follow Sorry boys. What do you think?

Offline Drunkon Rock

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 09:24:20 AM »
Great result for Rock against Redcar, and a good game, both sets of forwards giving their all. We wish Redcar every success in DN 1 next season, obviously we would love to join them but our fate will be decided by Bishop Auckland. Pont still the favourites to join Redcar

Offline R4w

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 05:25:45 PM »
Is that Blyth safe going of the results, league position and games won?

Offline LockLAD

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 11:34:17 AM »
They need one point from their final game but South Shields need a BP win at Winlaton to be in with a shot.  Going right to the wire.

Offline R4w

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 07:52:32 PM »
Reading from the rfu rules it seems if they draw on points. Blyth are on 36 and Shields 31, if Blyth get nothing from their next game and Shields get full points it then goes off most wins so it seems that the job is done for Blyth

Offline Lion

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 08:43:08 AM »
If 2 teams are on the same amount of points, it will be decided firstly by wins and then by points difference. Blyth have more wins, so looks like they live to fight another day. I'm sure shields will bounce straight back up. Good luck to them next season.

Offline Renegade

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »
Blyth are on 36 points and have won 8. Shields are on 31 and have won 5.

Regardless of this weeks results it would appear Shields are relegated, I would fancy them to bounce back though but could be a tough old DN3 next season.

Wallsend, SS and Seaton will all be strong in there.

Offline stuartdm

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 10:43:07 AM »
As I hear that Acklam will be in D&N 2 next season, there could well be 3 teams relegated as D&N 3 has only 12 teams at the moment.