Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Team of the season  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Shaun

• View Profile
Team of the season
« on: March 26, 2017, 06:42:16 PM »
What's everyone opinion of the stand out players from the league this season....? I seen a few games and been really impressed with the quality of the league

Offline Fatno.7

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
Re: Team of the season
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »
1 - CLS, because he smells lovely
2 - Seghill, would have made my 8 pick but this seasons position change helps!
3 - Aycliffe, a big lad with hands  :o
4 - Prud, lad who plays 8 id have him in the row to get him in
5 - Shire, they're captain from last season
6 - Aycliffe, see below 
7 - Aycliffe, back row will run any team into the ground
8 - Yarm, good ball carrier and leader
9 - Shire, runs the game and bossss the pack
10 - Shire, worked well as a unit and bossed the backs
11 - Aycliffe, used to play fullback
12 - Yarm, very good runner
13 -  Aycliffe, little lad who will tackle anything!
14 - Aycliffe, big lad you all know who i am on about
15 - Shire, the goal kicker, hellish boot

I have not seen wallsend this season so obv cannot comment on them

Offline Shaun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 07:50:36 PM »
I seen Prudhoe vs Jarrovians yesterday there no 8 was there best forward and a good player, Jarrovians tight head caused problems going forward and was good, impressed with Prudhoes back line too, young but effective

Offline ODizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 11:38:18 AM »
I think if everyone takes an honest assessment of the league and the results, a split between Ayclffe and Richmond would make up the match Day 20. There are some very canny players at clubs but because maybe the full team aren't at their level it's hard for them to stand out aswell as they would in a better side ! Not taking that away from what has been a very spirited and competitive season, showed by Houghton and Wallsend not going straight back up, credit to all teams who have been able to field teams week in and out hopefully it continues and washington get back into the mix, but original point it would be very hard and untruthful not to pick the team from the top two teams alone.

Offline No1No2

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »
its nice to see a honest opinion of the top two teams , but as a player there is no doubt there the best match day teams as its a team game that's why they have done very well, as said in previous messages there are some very fine individual players at the lesser clubs outside Richmond and Aycliffe. Richmond certainly don't have the best front row , but have a workman like team. Wallsend have two good props and some good back row lads, Seghill have the speed youthful backs, Yarm good number 8 and inside center, just to mention a few .  But my team of the season are the 20 individuals from all the clubs who turn up each week and put a brave face on , when getting a right old drubbing on a cold wet January or even march day. These guys need to be recognised and encouraged to be around next season and the season after and the top clubs need to respect that also , which no doubt they do . Good look to Aycliffe and Richmond big tests next season and sure there looking forward to the challenge. As a player looking forward to the final two games we have left and then chill for the summer and build back up for next season

Offline No. 6 to Middlegate

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 05:01:37 PM »
Nice post