Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: results 01/04  (Read 1440 times)

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
results 01/04
« on: April 01, 2017, 05:55:23 PM »
Houghton A Wallsend
Richmondshire P Hartlepool B.B.O.B.
Seaham 31 - 41 West Hartlepool T.D.S.O.B.
Seghill 36 - 24 Chester-Le-Street

Offline R4w

• View Profile
Re: results 01/04
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 07:34:24 PM »
Does anyone know why the game at houghton was abandoned?

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 07:45:42 PM »
Player violence according to the RFU North results site.

Offline lucky13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:27:51 PM »
There was, game ended in 2 red cards for punching. One for each team. No complaints about either. Referee had been having a very good game in my opinion up until that point, however his decision to abandon the game was too hasty. Could have (should have) issued a final warning to both teams that any further incidents would lead to instant abandonment. That I feel would have had the desired effect as I didn't see the game descending into violence as referee had made it clear he wouldn't tolerate it with his use of red card. Real shame as players were able to shake hands and clap each other off without incident. Only 55 minutes played so game set to replayed on next available Saturday

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 10:25:34 PM »
Just hope both clubs keep on top of their paperwork. No doubt it will go to the RFU and a meeting will be convened to give both clubs a chance to account for themselves.

Offline Rinky Dinky

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 11:31:57 AM »
Just a bit handbags, no malicious at all in the game.  As mentioned previously ref discarded a player from each side and that should have been enough. Think it was more the mouths of the players that pushed he's decision. Get all the paperwork out the way and Replay the 29th of April

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 08:50:34 PM »
Hard job reffing......but its a contact game & sometimes a few punches are thrown.

I always like the refs whom got you & your sparring partner together, dished a bollocking out & warned the captains no more.  Normally worked!

Offline MR SPOCK

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 09:19:24 PM »
Anyone know the score at the time the game was abandoned

Offline mickoc

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 09:53:49 PM »
Wallsend were leading 19 7

Offline Renegade

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 07:50:36 AM »
I wasn't at the game so can only give a general viewpoint.

It's not a nice environment when fighting kicks off of the level described and if the referee was also being given a load of verbals in and around the incident then maybe he felt intimidated. A scenario where you have 30 players, replacements, coaches and supporters who may be shouting at you can't be fun. When a large group like that are highly charged he may have felt he had no choice.

Offline Aidanb

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 01:02:03 PM »
I wasn't at the game so can only give a general viewpoint.

It's not a nice environment when fighting kicks off of the level described and if the referee was also being given a load of verbals in and around the incident then maybe he felt intimidated. A scenario where you have 30 players, replacements, coaches and supporters who may be shouting at you can't be fun. When a large group like that are highly charged he may have felt he had no choice.

Well said Renegade..

It's not just about the players being able to get on with the game. The referee is entitled to consider his own involvement in the game as well.