Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Play off implications  (Read 5486 times)

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
Re: Play off implications
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2017, 11:39:43 AM »
The answer for me would be to extend DN3, relegate 3 from DN1 and 4 from DN2 stops the level transfer nonsense that seems to upset everyone every season.. At this level does it really matter what league your in anyway, as long as you can compete and the travelling is reasonable and fair?
Rugby is for everyone, not just the chosen few

Offline Roverthemoon

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2017, 12:38:00 PM »
Fair point Badger but it overlooks the knock on effect for Yorkshire one etc

If Redcar and Guisborough play the extra miles to Middlesbrough before they go anywhere card then it looks like Boro and Barney will have the map out..........

Offline Hit Man Hall

• Alickadoo
  • Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2017, 06:22:16 PM »
The answer for me would be to extend DN3, relegate 3 from DN1 and 4 from DN2 stops the level transfer nonsense that seems to upset everyone every season.. At this level does it really matter what league your in anyway, as long as you can compete and the travelling is reasonable and fair?
That's a good shout, to determine who goes up across and down there could be a few play off games to make it fair, i.e. D&N1 2nd from bottom and D&N2 2nd from top play off and any club that wants to come across should prove their worth and be included in the play offs.
"Follow me lads I'm right behind you"

Offline Nicknack

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2017, 07:07:50 PM »
Barney is in County Durham. Boro, Redcar, Guisborough and Acklam are all in Yorkshire....

Offline Hit Man Hall

• Alickadoo
  • Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2017, 07:43:07 PM »
Barney is in County Durham. Boro, Redcar, Guisborough and Acklam are all in Yorkshire....

That's right Barney is a Durham club and should remain, the other four mentioned are appointed to Yorkshire recferee society for referees, therefore they belong to Yorkshire.
"Follow me lads I'm right behind you"

Offline Renegade

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2017, 02:30:15 PM »
I can't for the life of me believe Barney would have to level transfer to Y1 based on "mileage" when there are Yorkshire clubs in the mix.

However given the complete lack of joined up thinking within the administration of the club it wouldn't surprise me.

Offline Ashbrooke Lad

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2017, 03:36:15 PM »
I can't for the life of me believe Barney would have to level transfer to Y1 based on "mileage" when there are Yorkshire clubs in the mix.

However given the complete lack of joined up thinking within the administration of the club it wouldn't surprise me.

Renegade I take it you mean " lack of joined up thinking within the administration of the RFU "?

Offline Renegade

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2017, 08:08:46 PM »
Correct

Offline No. 6 to Middlegate

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2017, 12:25:59 AM »

It looks like it could be Middlesbrough to me.  Cos I am a saddo I looked at the 5 likeliest transferees and checked them on Google Maps to get distances to the Y1 clubs for 2017-18.  Middlesbrough looks to be shortest overall.  There are a few caveats as I am not convinced Google Maps is entirely consistent in it's calculations and there may well be some user error but my homework is attached
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 12:36:54 AM by No. 6 to Middlegate »

Offline atilla

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2017, 06:18:50 PM »
Don't forget the curve all the Northern Counties committee have thrown. They 'may' choose to select a club based on other factors, not just mileage.

Offline No. 6 to Middlegate

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2017, 09:30:58 PM »
Don't forget the curve all the Northern Counties committee have thrown. They 'may' choose to select a club based on other factors, not just mileage.

The Northern committee have always had the power to make a decision on grounds other than total mileage.  Allegedly that was why Darlington escaped a level transfer a few seasons ago.

What the committee appear to have done this year though is to set out the circumstances in which they may make a decision which is not based on total mileage.  Their note is copied further below. It seems a bit confusing to me as I didn't think it was possible to be level transferred in 'successive' seasons or 'from 'one season to the next'.  But given that Middlesbrough cannot claim that has happened to them since they were last in Y1 in 2014-15 I still believe it should be them to transfer. 

Potential Changes to Level Transfer Regulations (5 March 2017)
Notice of possible change to current method of determining which Clubs to Level Transfer.

The RFU North Competitions Committee (DOC) have become concerned that a Level Transfer imposed on a single club in successive seasons could be regarded as an unfair and significant disadvantage.  This is particularly so when other club(s) in close proximity could also reasonably make the required move.

RFU Regulation 13.2.11(g) allows the DOC to vary the strict application of ‘Lowest Total Mileage’ and nominate another Club for Level Transfer, “which would remove or reduce the significant disadvantage for the benefit of the game of rugby union football in the locality.”  The DOC have formed the view that this principle would be served if the burden of a Level Transfer is shared from one season to the next between clubs located close to each other.

It is stressed that by invoking 13.2.11(g) the DOC do not intend to comprehensively change the criteria laid down for selecting a Club(s) for Level Transfer, but if circumstances arise where a conflict, or a significant disadvantage to the Club selected arise, then the RFUNCC would remove that disadvantage by selecting another Club for Level Transfer.