Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bath V Leicester etc 8/4/17  (Read 139 times)

Offline Mugsy

• Alickadoo
  • View from the blue horizon
    • View Profile
Bath V Leicester etc 8/4/17
« on: April 11, 2017, 09:01:11 PM »
I watched the games from the above date this morning and it was very informative. I learnt the following:-

1. JPDoyle is a great ref and unlike most of his peers actually manages to spot the odd forward pass;
2. Faletau has to go with The Lions;
3. Matthew Tait is a liability in defence and no longer offers much in attack either;
4. Brendon O'Connor is a class 7 and despite being a Kiwi will be on Eddie Jones's radar if he continues to develop the way he is;
5. Ellis Genge must be England loose head soon;
6. Matt Banahan has a far better skill set than he is given credit for;
7. Anthony Watson is rrrrapid - even quicker than I thought;
8. The very worst thing about Prem Rugby currently is the mindless screaming of the officially appointed idiot on the deafening public address: ''C'MO YOOOOO BAAAATH LET'S HEAR YOU! LET'S HAVE SOME NOOOOIIISSSSE!!!'', and various other assorted pathetic inanities. Stop this crap. Stop it now.

***Update - Just watched highlights of Munster V Toulon and JP Doyle reviewed a try-scoring pass which was a ridiculous 2 metres forward, and decided it was okay as ''he was running forward''.
A complete misunderstanding of the spirit of that law directive, so he's at least as bad as the rest after all.

In other games this weekend:-
1. Cipriani was truly dreadful against Leinster and can never play for England again;
2. Sean O'Brien showed why he is on a different level to Haskell;
3. Solomona has been touted widely for a Lions shirt. NO, sorry. Nowhere near. Another Rokoduguni. Great finisher, shite at everything else, which is standard for ex-league players.
4. Alex Goode showed why he is nowhere near international class against Leicester. In the space of 8 minutes he dropped a straightforward high kick, hit Ashton in the face with what should've been a try-scoring pass and threw another potential try-scoring pass on the ground.
5. I'd love to find out who Ben Youngs has been working with since midway through the Six Nations. His game has improved out of all recognition - even to the point at which he finally deserves the England shirt he's been wrongly blocking Joe Simpson and Danny Care out of for the last 3 seasons.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 12:02:10 AM by Mugsy »