Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 15 Teams in DN2 next season?  (Read 3747 times)

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Teams in DN2 next season?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2017, 07:00:37 PM »
I honestly dont know on this one.....

Why should Blyth be kicked out of DN2 to accomodate a team from the equivelent level in Yorkshire?  They shouldnt im my opnion.

Then Silentassasin has quite rightly pointed out the Acklam would have been in DN1 if it wasnt for the last move! WHich makes me think Acklam are being mucked about too much.

Offline R-dog

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 10:44:39 AM »
Seems unfair on Blyth! it might be in the regulations but would imagine most people (myself included) believed 3rd bottom was safe from relegation??
I don't know how they decide who goes in what league? but how Whitby are in Durham and Northumberland league baffles me? Also how come Redcar have never been level transferred to Yorkshire leagues? they aren't far from Acklam? Doesn't really make sense? Also If you look at the north 1 east league Penrith are playing in that league how's that work they are in Cumbria??

Offline MR SPOCK

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 12:39:28 PM »
Blyth did enough to stay in DN2 at the very least , level transfere just creates more problems Travelling being a big one

Offline stuartdm

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »
Well if there is no level transfer between D&N 1 and Y1 for next season, 3 teams will be relegated from D&N 1 and 3 or 4 (depending on what you want to do with Acklam) relegated from D&N 2, so that wouldn't save Blyth either.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:13:48 PM by stuartdm »

Offline Asmallhob2

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2017, 06:15:03 PM »
I was saying you should go into y2 as you where relegated from Y1. Seems obvious.
Any team that wish to play in DN league should affiliate with DN refs and cups. I see it fairer that a Yorkshire team who requests to join DN league do join, as long as it's not at the expense of a club who enter county cups and use refs in Durham or Northumberland. If level transfer is to the expense of an out and out DN team then level transfer doesn't happen. The team transferring take the next available space in dn league structure, this case DN3. Like I said you get the choice level of rugby or geography. Hope that makes more sense. I wasn't very clear the first time.