Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DN1 next season  (Read 611 times)

Offline Renegade

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
DN1 next season
« on: May 22, 2017, 08:12:26 PM »
Although we still have to find out who will be level transferred I think next season could be the best yet for DN1. I normally don't predict the scores as the season goes on but fancied starting a debate on what we think may happen next year.

Promotion:
Quite a few contenders here but I think Westoe will probably go up, took a year to adjust after several consecutive relegations but grew stronger as the season went on and nearly pulled it off in the play off. Guisborough will do well if they are in this league and they retain a strong squad this season and then you have Barney who will be stronger, wiser and better equipped, Durham City who will be strong as they only just slipped to relegation. If Consett have the same young squad they can also be in the mix along with Boro.

Relegation:
Both promoted clubs might struggle, Redcar are a seriously pacy team but its been a while since they were at this level and Ponteland seem to lack that little bit of extra needed, Gosforth are really erratic formwise and can't see that ending. Both Rovers and Novo's were drawn in last season and I suppose it depends on whether they can recruit or develop some talent in the key areas.

The rest who will cause all sides some major problems who I don't expect to be under pressure or challenging are made up of Horden, Heed, Meds and Stockton. On their day all these teams can turnover any opposition and I don't expect that to change.

Offline Hit Man Hall

• Alickadoo
  • Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    • View Profile
Re: DN1 next season
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 08:33:33 PM »
Never underestimate anyone in this league the proof is in the pudding who would have bet on this seasons results, I won't make any predictions until after Christmas.
🏉 Sticks and Stones may break my bones but rugby does it better 🏉

Offline Renegade

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 03:22:40 PM »
Not like you to keep your opinion mate 😂

Offline misterfacts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 03:45:22 PM »
I bet we will hear from hit man long before Christmas but he does keep the conversations going strong.

Offline Hit Man Hall

• Alickadoo
  • Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 04:20:42 PM »
I bet we will hear from hit man long before Christmas but he does keep the conversations going strong.

I keep getting personally attacked! ouch.. :o never one to run away from a good debate..

ill be back...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:22:58 PM by Hit Man Hall »
🏉 Sticks and Stones may break my bones but rugby does it better 🏉

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 06:22:16 PM »
See you soon Arnie ha ha