Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: England V Argies  (Read 238 times)

Offline Mugsy

• Alickadoo
  • View from the blue horizon
    • View Profile
England V Argies
« on: June 16, 2017, 04:19:15 PM »
Great to see England's young braves beating the full Argentina squad.
No surprise that Mark Wilson (who I bumped into in Blaydon precinct the other day - very down to earth lad!) had a great game and was a constant menace at the breakdown, or that Ellis Genge dominated. More surprising was how mature young Curry is as a flanker at 18 years of age!
I like Dylan Hartley but thought he was poor; his line-out arrows were awful and he missed a couple of easy tackles. And although I'm a fan of Mike Brown it is difficult for me as an ex-full back to see how he is justifying selection. He seems to be in need of a rest.
Good to see Danny Care sporting a man's haircut for a change. He looks so much better and it seemed to inspire him as he put a couple of crunching tackles in!
Before watching the game on replay I had read how Solomona had redeemed himself with the winning try, having earlier made two 'howling defensive errors' to ship tries. What a load of rubbish some of these reporters write. He didn't cover himself in glory but neither try was his fault alone and neither involved a straightforward missed tackle, it was more about positional sense which he hopefully will catch up with quickly.
The next game will be very interesting - The Argies will have been deeply upset to lose on their own soil to an experimental squad from England.
What strength in depth we enjoy right now!!!

Update: Great win; our 3rd team has established dominance over Argentina's first choice in their own back yard.
It's encouraging to think you could pick a 4th or even 5th team which would be almost as strong. Think Waldrom, Simpson, Devoto, Cipriani, Wade, Marchant, Attwood, Ewers, Tommy Taylor, Lahiff (Bath prop - I like him), Wigglesworth, Ashton, Burrell etc etc etc!
Broony was much, much better and for man of the match you could take your pick from Ford, Hughes, Launchbury, Robshaw, Care or Brown.
Eddie Jones must be pinching himself.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:44:16 PM by Mugsy »

Offline Yocacedodi

• View Profile
Re: England V Argies
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 03:50:55 AM »
Want to have more then this, it must be the best to follow.