Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Candy League System  (Read 2215 times)

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
New Candy League System
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:04:57 AM »
Can anybody tell me what it's all about?

Three new 'conferences' half way through the season. I really don't understand it at all.

So if you've had a great 1st half of the season but don' go up into the new 'conference' can you still get relegated back into the Durham/Northumberland leagues if you end up not winning a game in the second half of the season?

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: New Candy League System
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 11:04:57 AM »
i think it was to help teams lower down to play in better suited games, i found it abit of a joke earlier in season i remember going to tynedale to play against them 1 weekend and they hadnt won a game all season funnily enough they won 68-0 or something aswell as there 2s not having a game that day a week later they couldn't field a team so gave away points, there wasn't many tight games in the league were always 1 sided. however no relegations to the durham and Northumberland 2nd 3rd team leagues there 2 complete separate leagues

Offline MR SPOCK

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 09:40:34 PM »
The new system was introduced to let the  stronger teams in candy 2, that are racing ahead, play teams in candy 1 ,however the league is fundamentally flawed because the  leagues are made up mostly of 2nd teams  and every club is at the mercy of their respective  senior team Corbridge being a prime example. If tynedale firsts are short and they  take  2nd team players ,then Corbridge are left with no team. Check their results for this seaon.  Having spent 4 seasons managing a team in candy 2 having the support of your senior team is a must if you dont get it, the team quickly unravels

Offline MR SPOCK

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 09:52:46 PM »
      From what ive seen of the teams in D N 2 so far , its a far better competitive league  than the unbalanced Candy leagues

Offline No. 6 to Middlegate

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 09:45:59 PM »
Mr Spock your comment is illogical.

Of course DN2 is more competitive than the Candy League. By definition all DN2 teams are in that league for that season. Some are of course better than others but the best teams will be promoted and the poorest demoted. With the Candy League, particularly League 1, there must be at least 3 divisions between some of the club's in terms of their 1st XV and this generally reflects into 2nd XV'S. When say Tynedale or Blaydon 2nds win the league they don't get promoted and stay in the league to win it again! A club like Horden, Northern or West might flip between leagues depending on the strength of the club in any couple of seasons but most stay in the same division

That is not to decry the Candy League it fills a need and if clubs don't like it they can leave.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:00:06 PM by No. 6 to Middlegate »

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 02:03:25 PM »
Current Tables