Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DN2 Pre-Season Predictions  (Read 12914 times)

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
DN2 Pre-Season Predictions
« on: August 07, 2013, 10:18:20 AM »
Who'll go up?

Between Redcar, Ryton and North Shields in my opinion

Who'll go down?

Whitby may struggle along with Wallsend. Prudhoe should have enough again.

Hartlepool B.B.O.B could be the surprise package with their new signings.

Offline Shrekisatighthead

• Crouch...Touch...make your mind up !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: DN2 Pre-Season Predictions
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 01:19:14 PM »
B.B.O.B will attract many more of the Hartlepool merry-go-round and expect them to do well again.  ::)

Offline Riddler

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
How many teams are in Hartlepool?

I played a few over the years but I've never heard of BBOB.

Or am I getting old?  ::)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:23:09 AM »
Too many , Currently:
Rovers
West
Hartlepoll RFC (old boys)
Hartlepool BBOB
Seaton Carew

Also had until recently TDSOB and Atheltic both whom no longer compete, not bad for a town the size of Gateshead. All that happens is that players just swap clubs each season with the better ones usually ending up at West. BBOB have an ex West captain as player coach now and got a few older west lads there, hence there cracking season last year. 

Offline mick g

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 01:39:19 PM »
with all due respect to Shrek last season BBOB the majority of the previous seasons players and only Gareth was from west i do believe

Offline Wehungthemonkey

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
As mentioned, shrek is totally wrong. More lads have now gone from west but last season was different! As for players ending up at west from the Hartlepool merry go round again he is wrong.
Bbob where given quality training by some good hartlepool players. 1 from west and 2 from rovers

Offline stevelw

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »
very surprised no one is mentioning ashington after all they were the only side to beat redcar twice hold bishop to a draw and they finished 4th in the league

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »
Yeah people do forget Ashington - they had a good fast backline last season.

I watched Rockcliff today and they looked okay. They played a few good moves in the backs but looked like they lacked a bit of edge. In fairness they've lost a few players this close season and they were missing players through injury today.

South Tyneside may well be playing in DN2 next year after their performance today

Offline stevelw

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 06:46:10 PM »
i think dn2 will be the toughest out the 3 leagues this year

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 07:02:53 PM »
Possibly.

All 3 leagues look like they could be the closest for a long time for the promotion and relegation spots.

That's without mentioning North One East!

Offline Allthingshartlepool

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 06:18:04 PM »
Ryton Ashington must be up there. I have heard some good things about Redcar. As for Hartlepool teams, I think BBOB will suprise some teams especially with two Foreman brothers teaming up again. Seaton and Hartlepool will finish mid table. Whitby might struggle although they played some good rugby last season

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 11:51:33 AM »
I hope BBOB do well this season. Always had plenty of time for their lads.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 12:59:53 PM »
I do take the West comment back, although not the merry go round observation, sometimes it's hard to keep up with the movement of players in the town.

Offline rugby_stalker!!

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 01:31:24 PM »
Redcar to finish champions, don't know what happened to them last season by far at the beginning of the season the best team by miles. Maybe, BBOB to be a surprise package and Ashington.  Bottom four between Prudhoe, Whitby, Wallsend and Barnard.

Offline beertin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 12:03:54 PM »
Redcar favorites so long as they dont have another mid season slump.

As for the chasing pack, Ashington could be up there but a reliance on their big scrum may be jepordised if new scrum laws dont allow them the same dominance they had against most sides last year (notable exception being Rockliffe- from whom they've just signed a prop) Although as TheGuv said, the back line aint too bad either.

Very few people will be looking forward to travelling to Ryton; possibly lacked enough skill to compete in DN1 but their aggression levels alone will be enough to overcome most sides (Ryton vs. Hartelpool @ Pool- my prediction for most hard hitting game of the season, will need a strong ref i reckon to control very two aggressive sides and a vocal crowd!)

If North Shields get some momentum behind them early on then they could go very close to top two.

As for going down. Dont care if they stay up or not but so good to be in the same league as Whitby- one of the best bus trips along with Border Park in Northumberland. I think Wallsend will struggle but possibly just stay up. Prudhoe did a great job to stay up last year and i reckon they will be a solid mid table outfit.

Anyone know much of whats happening at Sunderland- after last seasons implosion are they going to be able to consolidate themselves in this league or could their slump continue?