Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: fixtures 18/01  (Read 2758 times)

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
fixtures 18/01
« on: January 14, 2020, 08:56:19 AM »
Acklam V Gateshead
Consett V Barnard Castle
Horden and Peterlee V South Shields Westoe
Medicals V Hartlepool Rovers
North Shields V Northern
Stockton V Novocastrians
Whitley Bay Rockcliff V Middlesbrough

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: fixtures 18/01
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 08:56:58 AM »
Acklam V Gateshead home
Consett V Barnard Castle home
Horden and Peterlee V South Shields Westoe away
Medicals V Hartlepool Rovers home
North Shields V Northern away
Stockton V Novocastrians home
Whitley Bay Rockcliff V Middlesbrough away

Offline BWArmy

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 10:47:29 AM »
Acklam V Gateshead - Home 42-12
Consett V Barnard Castle - hard day at the office for Barny Home 62-3
Horden and Peterlee V South Shields Westoe - 2 sets of big forwards - Away 19-30
Medicals V Hartlepool Rovers - Home 27-17
North Shields V Northern - There will be a completely different shields team this week, however a tough game nonetheless, still I have to go with my heart and back N.shields!
Stockton V Novocastrians - Some good results for Stockton, Home  40-15
Whitley Bay Rockcliff V Middlesbrough - I think the 4G pitch will benefit Middlesbrough's pacey backs. 22-44

Offline Vulcans_Hooker_2

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 01:31:02 PM »
Acklam V Gateshead - Away with TBP
Consett V Barnard Castle - Home with TBP.
Horden and Peterlee V South Shields Westoe - Home with LBP to SS Westoe
Medicals V Hartlepool Rovers - Home win
North Shields V Northern - Away win with TBP for both.
Stockton V Novocastrians - Home Win with TBP
Whitley Bay Rockcliff V Middlesbrough - Middesbrough win with TBP

Offline Brennus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 05:07:59 PM »
Acklam V Gateshead - Home, with LBP to improving'Head.
Consett V Barnard Castle - Home, with TBP.
Horden and Peterlee V South Shields Westoe - Home, with LBP to Westoe (last week’s rout will have done Westoe no favours in preparation.) Match of the day for front five purists ?
Medicals V Hartlepool Rovers - Home, but after last week it will be interesting to see if Med’s are faltering
North Shields V Northern - Away win with TBP for both. N.S. with a point to make; which they will.
Stockton V Novocastrians - Home Win with TBP
Whitley Bay Rockcliff V Middlesbrough - Away win, with TBP for both. Fast and furious - weather forecast good, pitch for speedsters. Match of the day for the non-partisan ?

Offline Mugsy

• Alickadoo
  • View from the blue horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 07:10:27 PM »
Just out of interest, Whitley Bay Rockcliff have a 3G pitch.
I know this because there is no such thing as a 4G pitch.

Some years ago a synthetic pitch manufacturer tried to market their product as '4G' but were quickly slapped down by trading standards because it wasn't 4G at all, it was just a tweaked version of 3G.
Yet the habit of calling recently-installed placka pitches '4G' persists. Personally I don't think we should perpetuate the con-men's deception.

What is 4G then? I'm not sure myself, but was once told by someone in the industry that the term describes a mixture of real grass and synthetic fibre, without the crumb. No-one has found a way to successfully produce it yet though, and it remains a concept only.

Offline Pied Piper of Hameln

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 07:32:02 PM »
4G it's what you get on your phone isn't it ;)

Offline Teessidewire

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 10:31:59 PM »
That’s what I thought. Pleased I’m not the only one who is in the 19th century.

Offline Teessidewire

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 10:42:17 PM »
Haven’t done any predictions for ages. Might as well have a dig.
Acklam v Gateshead. Home win with bonus point. Can’t see further than a comfortable win for Acklam. A real shame to see Gateshead struggling, a Club I’ve always liked.
Consett v Barnard Castle. Big with with bonus point for Consett.
Horden and Peterlee v SS Westoe. Game of the day for me, especially up front and I think home advantage will just about see Horden take the spoils.
Meds v Rovers. Meds with a bonus point for me. Very impressed with Meds No 8 and their stand off when I saw them. Rovers can’t buy a win at the moment.
North Shields v Northern. Away win with bonus point. Northern will be hurting after last week and their centres impress me in attack. Shields could be in for a long afternoon.
Stockton v Novo’s. No comment.
WB Rockliff v M’bro. I can’t see beyond a comfortable M’bro win with a bonus point. They are playing well.

Offline Muzzdobetter

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 11:12:59 PM »
Just out of interest, Whitley Bay Rockcliff have a 3G pitch.
I know this because there is no such thing as a 4G pitch.

Some years ago a synthetic pitch manufacturer tried to market their product as '4G' but were quickly slapped down by trading standards because it wasn't 4G at all, it was just a tweaked version of 3G.
Yet the habit of calling recently-installed placka pitches '4G' persists. Personally I don't think we should perpetuate the con-men's deception.

What is 4G then? I'm not sure myself, but was once told by someone in the industry that the term describes a mixture of real grass and synthetic fibre, without the crumb. No-one has found a way to successfully produce it yet though, and it remains a concept only.

I might be wrong, but I think the G stands for generation I.e. 3rd Generation, 4th etc, implying an upgrade/improvement, which would be backed up by the grass/fibre mix description?

Offline Mugsy

• Alickadoo
  • View from the blue horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 08:13:20 PM »
Yeah, well I assumed everyone knew that Muzz, it's what actually constitutes a 4th generation pitch that I'm not 100% on.
The only thing I'm completely sure about is that nobody should be calling synthetic pitches '4G' - not yet anyway!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 08:20:12 PM by Mugsy »

Offline Divide

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 10:50:46 PM »
1G – There can be confusion in the market as to what defines a first generation pitch, however, the general consensus is that they are a non-infilled surface, also commonly known as “astroturf”.

2G – Second generation pitches are sand-based and have a carpet style surface. These can be installed in Multi Use Games Areas (MUGA), as they are durable and weatherproof. The primary sport played on 2G pitches is hockey.

3G – Third generation, the latest artificial pitch technology, and the most popular. 3G surfaces are made up of long pile synthetic grass with a mix of sand and rubber infill. This gives the unique texture of natural grass, but provides more even and smooth play than the varied terrain of a muddy pitch. The “rubber crumb” also has shock absorbent qualities too, and helps to keep the synthetic grass upright.

4G and the future – Those claiming to have developed 4G pitches say it is like 3G artificial grass, but without the need for rubber crumb. While these types of turf do exist, and could therefore be claimed as 4G, they have not yet been officially graded as a new technology, nor are they governed by any recognised standards. It can therefore be misleading for 3G pitches without a rubber crumb to be labelled this way.

When it comes to playing surfaces, venues are always on the lookout for the next best thing. However, it pays to be clued up about the different types of turf available nowadays as innovations and developments are constantly changing the field.

Offline Pied Piper of Hameln

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 09:54:17 AM »
Grass - Still the best and hopefully the future been around for millions of years and doesn't cost half a million a pop to install :o

Offline Any Thirty

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 01:07:03 PM »
Acklam V Gateshead home win 42 12
Consett V Barnard Castle big home win 85  0
Horden and Peterlee V South Shields Westoe away win 12 32
Medicals V Hartlepool Rovers home win 45 12
North Shields V Northern away win 12 42
Stockton V Novocastrians home win 42 12
Whitley Bay Rockcliff V Middlesbrough heart says home, head says give yourself a wobble, but 25 24 home win

Offline Hit Man Hall

• Alickadoo
  • Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 08:30:13 PM »
Acklam V Gateshead Home 36 - 22 Gateshead won’t see through the smog  ;D
Consett V Barnard Castle Home Just though 92 -0 Sorry my assumption based on league states  :-* :'(
Horden V Westoe Home 26 - 22 Big Pack May bury Westoe’s  ::)
Medicals V Hartlepool Rovers Home 38 - 18 Meds to fast and fit  8)
North Shields V Northern Away Northern to pull together after last weeks thrashing  ??? :D
Stockton V Novocastrians no comment  :-X :-X :-X
Rockcliff V Middlesbrough Home 26 - 23 AGP potential banana skin for any side in this league e.g. Stockton v Horden  :P :-\
"Get the first tackle in early even if it's late"