Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The return of Women's Rugby  (Read 494 times)

Offline Pied Piper of Hameln

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
The return of Women's Rugby
« on: October 06, 2020, 04:03:06 PM »
Womens rugby returns this Saturday. With a new title sponsor, Allianz insurance have agreed a deal with the RFU with the competition now being called the Allianz Premiere 15s. The competition will be played without players being tested for Covid 19. With adapted rules to reduce scrums and mauls.

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: The return of Women's Rugby
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 07:25:49 PM »
Think the RFU are missing a massive trick in not getting the Womens Prem 15s televised. They should of offered it to a broadcaster free of charge for a season. This would of got the game massive publicity and given TV companies the chance to see what sort of audience figures they get. Putting it hopefully in a season or 2 in a stronger position to get a financially beneficial deal. Which would help to grow the game further.

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 06:46:11 PM »
 DMP Sharks unfortunately take a bit of a pasting off Harlequins 103  0  Ouch.

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 08:39:07 AM »
Thats in a 70 mins game as well... all is not well at sharks at all. There are 2  of the best forwards they have ever had been moved on with Heather kerry gone to wasps and tam Taylor released to sarries they are relying heavily on students from Durham uni and the academy. Unfortunately  I see a long and very painful season and they have got it badly wrong. I can't see local clubs falling over themselves to help them out either
Rugby is for everyone, not just the chosen few

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 08:16:37 PM »
Just a shout out for Horden and Peterlee RFC youngster Chloe Broom making her debut for DMP Sharks at 9 tomorrow against Worcester.

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 06:47:05 PM »
Another tough day for DMP Sharks with a 58  5  defeat against Worcester. Looks like they are in for a tough season.

Offline No. 6 to Middlegate

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 07:33:22 PM »
Indeed.  Worcester are one of the teams DMP Sharks have been able to beat in the past.  I suspect the Sharks are weaker this season and the league is stronger. 

Incidentally The Sharks preview said that Chloe already had one Sharks 'cap' before today.   I can't make my mind up if this notion of caps is inspiring or presumptuous. 

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 07:48:12 PM »
Chloe came on as a replacement last week No6 today was her first start.

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 11:12:02 PM »
Congratulations to Dannah Ryan-Munden another Horden and Peterlee lass who has been selected as a replacement for DMP Sharks.

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 07:25:11 PM »
Was nice to see Dannah get on for sharks today and some local youngsters making the breakthrough but another heavy defeat for DMP. I watched the game on sarries website and can't remember DMP having the ball much. Couple of runs from the 2nd rows was the only bright spots. 2 tries from tam Taylor for sarries which she will have enjoyed after her release. I hope this new DOR knows what he is doing because it could had a franchise into Yorkshire and we will lose elite rugby in the North east

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2020, 07:34:51 PM »
Yes BB that's my worry. Is it the DoR or is it DMP not funding the Sharks properly to give them a chance of being competitive. Either way worrying times for ladies rugby in the region.

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2020, 07:54:36 PM »
I read an article with comments from Tam.. they have treated her appallingly and the DOR seems to have made the call. She was ready to play another season but had the original offer withdrawn at last minute. Whether that was funding or not I don't know.

There are lots of clubs coming up but the work between clubs in region needs to.improve... Yorkshire have a proper pyramid and clubs are flourishing as a result

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 09:41:22 AM »
Just read that article on Tam Taylor now it's her version of events but it seems a pretty shoddy way to treat anyone never mind a senior player and England International. It also makes no rugby sense losing all that experience on the pitch especially when you have such a young inexperienced side who would learn so much from her. Never mind what they are losing from the coaching side. The fact she was picked up by Saracens as player coach straight away and in light of the Sharks results so far it looks a terrible decision.

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 12:07:50 PM »
If you look at it sharks provided directly or indirectly 5 or 6 world Cup.winners who are no longer there. In the England set up there were a few dmp girls and now there are none. They interfered in the county set up last season and took the squad backwards as they wanted to have control to blood some youngsters who weren't ready... now they are putting young ayers in who are clearly not ready hoping to get some talented Durham.uni girls in... which last year worked but this year there is less strength... watching them.yesterday I would say they would lose to a decent championship side like novos or Barnsley... certainly west park leeds