Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The return of Women's Rugby  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
Re: The return of Women's Rugby
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 12:08:43 PM »
I always said DMP should have garnered a better relationship with local clubs and they could have had some help to get through this tough time
Rugby is for everyone, not just the chosen few

Offline Pied Piper of Hameln

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 01:35:23 PM »
It's great having talented youngsters and giving them a chance but you have to have a core of experienced players to guide them. Worry for these young girls because getting an absolute hammering every week is going to do great damage to there confidence. If I was the RFU I would be asking some serious questions of the DMP board. Are they living up to the commitments they gave during the last audit to secure there place in the Premiere 15s. If I was one of the sides who lost out I would be feeling quite angry about it.

Offline Renegade

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2020, 11:31:33 AM »
It smacks of trying to have your cake and eating it. Want to have a squad on the cheap but also still have the financial benefits of being a Premiership club, think this may their last season at this level alas.

Very shortsighted indeed.

Offline Rinky Dinky

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2020, 03:33:27 PM »
If you look at it sharks provided directly or indirectly 5 or 6 world Cup.winners who are no longer there. In the England set up there were a few dmp girls and now there are none. They interfered in the county set up last season and took the squad backwards as they wanted to have control to blood some youngsters who weren't ready... now they are putting young ayers in who are clearly not ready hoping to get some talented Durham.uni girls in... which last year worked but this year there is less strength... watching them.yesterday I would say they would lose to a decent championship side like novos or Barnsley... certainly west park leeds
Everyone entitled to there opinion Badger. Specially yourself having coached the womenís game but Regarding the county. I selected the squad and apart from having a backs coach assist me. It was based on what I seen and no input from DMP. I was given a two year post and went for youth for that reason. We bonded well and had over 80% of the squad confirmed to come back this season, until Covid struck.
I am not sure how you can say we went backwards either. We lost against a side who we have never beaten. We were well in the game at half time, granted we got beat.Then got the best score the womenís side have ever accumulated against any Team.

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2020, 06:45:56 PM »
Not knocking you pinky, what happend wasn't of your doing at all. But there was a lot of dmp involvement especially first session. Maybe there were things you weren't aware of, in fact I would say there was a fair bit that went on you dont. Its a shame really because it didn't need to be that way.. i watched the game v North Midlands and my opinion was that both sides weren't as strong as the previous season when we played at their place. Though certainly the Durham side had potential. I didn't see the lancs game though.  That's no slight on the coaches, I just thought the squad was too young

Offline Rinky Dinky

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2020, 09:14:30 PM »
Granted the first session, I had little, to no involvement. I had only just arrived back from holiday to find out we had trials arranged. All Management had stood down (maybe pushed out, ifs thatís where your heading). So was very unimpressed with the whole set up, been organised as I am.

However one of the reasons I took the role on. I was in the middle of rugby politics as a player with  bigger clubs dictating. I wanted to make sure this wasnít happening and knew this was my chance. I picked that squad based on what I seen. There was few decent experienced players missing through injuries etc. However the best players who did attend were picked.

No one from DMP influenced me or I would have walked first session.

Offline Pied Piper of Hameln

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2020, 03:56:55 PM »
Another Shoeing for DMP Sharks 105 0 against Wasps that's over 300pts against in 4 games and only 5pts for  :o.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2020, 05:03:38 PM »
Looks like it's going to be a very steep learning curve for them. We all know from experience, heavy defeats like that have little benefit for either team.
Up the Harbour!!

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2020, 10:46:03 PM »
I really worry... its not at all good for North east womens rugby. They were always at least competitive before but this isnt justvblooding youngsters... they aren't ready for the level of competition and I cant see them keeping any premiership side under 50 points home or away. They are young and some may go further but any of those with talent will be lured away as per Heather kerr, abbie ward, claudia macdonald especially if they turn down the chance to keep experience in the squad like tam Taylor. If I were Waterloo I would be pretty furious. If the falcons could have sorted out some sort of credible bid it would have been ran so.much better