Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Billingham Win  (Read 417 times)

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Billingham Win
« on: December 27, 2020, 06:28:44 PM »
A strong Billingham side or a weak Stockton side or was it a bit of both?

Nice to see two local clubs playing each other.

Those at either club to provide an update on the game would be great!

FT. Billingham 82-0 Stockton

Offline Oldbill10

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
Re: Billingham Win
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 04:18:13 PM »
First of all it was great to see some form of rugby. Both teams missing players but both clubs put up large squads which is good to see for the future. 4 x 20 minute quarters played. The first started of fairly scrappy and the penalty count was high from both sides whilst they adapted to the new rules, Stockton defence was good for the first 2 quarters but tired somewhat in the last two and could have been down to quality of squad depth but the score definitely flattered Billingham and Stockton should have troubled the scoreboard but the final pass just let them down and the willingness of the billingham defence to keep themed at zero contributed. Both teams got a lot out of it and Stockton will definitely be challenging the top of the league positions whenever we start league rugby again. It wouldn’t surprise me if the two clubs play again soon as I said earlier even in defeat Stockton gained a lot out of the game. I think Billingham will be happy just to play a game as the numbers training throughout all what’s been going on have been very good, a lot of young talented lads coming through and even the lads that have been playing 1st team for a few seasons are still early twenties.

Offline Oldbill10

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
Re: Billingham Win
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 04:24:08 PM »
Sorry missed of the most important person, the ref, I personally thought he reffed the game well and let the players play and like the players I would imagine it’s been a fast learning curve for the refs as well. I would imagine he put some miles in yesterday and would have definitely deserved a nice drink last night