Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: England vs All Blacks  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
England vs All Blacks
« on: May 20, 2014, 09:48:42 AM »
England are due to tour New Zealand over the next few weeks for a daunting 3 test series. How do you think we'll feature against the world's top ranked team?

I'd love to think we can nail the series and come back with a 2-1 victory (3-0 would be even better). Maybe we will come back with our tails between our legs; having been put right in our place. Personally, I think we will lose the first test but win at least one of the remaining two and return with our pride intact.

What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:50:31 AM by Neil Roseberry »

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: England vs All Blacks
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:10:50 PM »
going to go with the complete opposite neil and can see a 3-0 defeat in the series the all blacks are looking pretty much full strength whereas England aren't with notable players missing through injurys and the premiership final some of englands selections are abit suspect looking at Kieran brookes of the falcons he's barely played this season

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 11:06:55 AM »
I think it might also depend how delicate the Northampton and Saracens players are after the Prem final. Don't think the admin boys gave that much thought when they were planning the tour.

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 02:00:04 PM »
cant say I'm an expert with premiership rugbys players knowing whos who but the England side to play the barbarians in a warm up to this tour to NZ apart from the 2nd row Kitchener I've never heard of any of the starting line up  :-\ I'm all for bleeding in younger players but surely a little bit of experience is needed have they picked most of the team from the D&N leagues??

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »
England were bloody unlucky against the All Blacks... and all NZ players and supporters will be quick to acknowledge that.

I know he is reckoned by many to be the best ref in the world but Nigel Owen was a bit hit n miss if you ask me. For a start, I reckon Nonu should have been given a yellow card in the first few minutes for his deliberate shirt tug that stopped Haskell getting up in support of a real try scoring opportunity. Secondly, those two knock-ons that clearly went backwards should have been referred to the TMO. It was decisions like this, and a few silly little handling errors that made all of the difference and cost us the game in the end.

Still, not to worry. We'll have the Saracens and Northampton reinforcements joining the ranks for the second test. I'd put Danny Care in at scrum half, Luther Burrell in for Eastmond, Chris Ashton in for Yarde and Courtney Lawes back in the second row for Launchbury. I'd also love to slot Billy Vunipola back in but there isn't one of the back row I'd drop because all three were totally awesome - so I'd ssput him on the bench to make a HUUUUUUUUUGE impact.

I do wish we had a bit more depth at tight head though. David Wilson is a cracking player but we need options and appear to be very short in that department. I wish Matt Stevens could have prolonged his retirement for another month to buy us some time.

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 09:05:24 PM »
Another fantastic game. So near yet so far!

Thoughts on Manu on the wing?

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 09:58:03 PM »
Those bloody southern hemisphere teams always get the luck of the draw. That pass Nonu took for his try was forward - the player passing the ball was outside the 22 when he launched it and Nonu was inside. If thats what it takes for the best team in the world to beat England on their travels I'll take it as a moral victory.

Come on England, the series may be lost now but lets finish on a high and set the record straight.