Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Site Down  (Read 1806 times)

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Site Down
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:39:37 AM »
Apologies for the site being down the last day or so.

I needed to pay for the website domain name again (greedy gits that they are) and also to pay for the space required to run this thing.

Sorry again,

Guv

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: Site Down
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:36:53 PM »
no problem, many thanks for running the site.

Its good to read the words of people at grassroots, many of whom i have played against or met in passing.

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 07:36:30 PM »
Hmm I apologise again.

Twice in a month is worrying. My server provider  :-X

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 03:25:32 PM »
We're trialling a sign in basis to view posts in the League section. They haven't disappeared. If you wish to view the goings on from North One East to DN3 you'll have to register for an account.

The premise is to increase membership and thus posts made on the forum as it has been incredibly quiet in recent months.

Offline Drunkon Rock

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 05:40:44 PM »
Getting withdrawal symptoms, this site is my only contact with local rugby from sunny Croatia, please fix !!!

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 06:50:44 PM »
Getting withdrawal symptoms, this site is my only contact with local rugby from sunny Croatia, please fix !!!

Sign in and you'll be able to see everything...!

There's already been more chat in the last two days than the whole of August combined since the change took place yesterday afternoon!  ;D

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 06:08:58 PM »
Apologies for the last 20 hours or so for the website being down.I owed money to the company that runs the site and I hadn't sorted out my payment in time!

As a side note... the yearly payment has gone up due to a significant increase in website traffic in the last year - which I see as a good thing!!!  :D However, posts are down significantly compared to the previous 2 years. Logically you would expect posts to increase.

If there is increased traffic it =  increased payments by myself to keep the place running (which I don't mind doing). However, it would be good to see an increase of posts and posters to the forum to warrant you all using this as a free site. The last week or so has seen some good debate which it would be nice to see continuing. Here's to another successful year on the DN Rugby Forum.

Thanks for your support!

Guv