Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: North 1 Ending up as Yorkshire league  (Read 960 times)

Offline 1066

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
North 1 Ending up as Yorkshire league
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:55:00 PM »
I'm a Guisborough supporter, and I consider myself a Yorkshireman ,our team always end up crocked at the end of season being a small club same players playing all season . I,m sure that most clubs in our league are in the same boat. How can we compete in Durham and Northumberland against such Behemoths as there are in Yorkshire.Will it end up being the most financially well off clubs succeed. :(

Offline Wehungthemonkey

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
Re: North 1 Ending up as Yorkshire league
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 08:49:16 AM »
I think you have answered your own question, nothing has changed for years. Money talks!
With the exception of billingham it's always down to money. Billingham have a good set up which attracts local talent.
When we had a good few years in north 2 east as it was then it was the same, clubs got bank rolled at a stupid level really.
Personally I don't think amateur clubs with a small squad can look higher than north 1.

Offline Gorilla

• Junior Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 09:12:37 AM »
You can add Percy Park to that. Percy Park have always relied on their junior system and the only players coming are on their own behalf. The only money spent at PP is on top quality coaching.

Offline olfaithful

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »
If clubs attract players in through cash incentives, it will always be to the detriment of home produced young players.
I wonder how long some clubs who have risen quickly thru the league recently can keep it going  - where do you stop ?
At our club we believe in playing at the highest level that our own players can take us, without considering paying guys to train and play.
I spend many hours maintaining the pitches on a voluntary basis, so if we ever started paying players, I wonder how long I would maintain my voluntary work ?? !!
We Roam The Range Together