Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RWC 2015  (Read 9859 times)

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
RWC 2015
« on: January 04, 2015, 05:03:19 PM »
whats everyones thoughts on the world cup this year can anyone see the all blacks being stopped? and will we have a northern hemisphere winner or will we yet again have south Africa, Australia or NZ's name put on the trophy? got a ticket off santa claus for the samoa v Scotland game cant wait   ;D

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: RWC 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »
I can honestly see England being there or thereabouts. They ought to be up there with South Africa, France and the All Blacks. Unfortunately, with Wales and Australia being in our group, it means that one of the really big teams will be crashing out at a ridiculously early stage - I just hope its the Aussies (speaking as a Brit).

I can't say that New Zealand are unbeatable but they will always be the team to beat. I think a lot of the time it comes down to attitude when you play the likes of them. Quite often a lot of teams are beat before the action even starts (a bit like Mike Tyson's opponents many years ago) because they are so much in awe of them... rather than just getting stuck into them. Look what happened when we fronted up to them in 2012. Hope it happens again this year.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Offline Aidanb

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 01:01:32 PM »
I'd prefer Wales to go out at the first hurdle

for all sorts of reasons, 1 of them being the fact the are Wales

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 01:05:32 PM »
Ha ha ha  :P

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 11:07:23 PM »
Think its going to be England and Ireland flying the flag for the northern hemisphere. Be interesting to see whos no8 with ben morgans broken leg cant see him back in time and vunipolas been out of form bring back nick Easter

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 05:13:41 PM »
I reckon Billy Vunipola will step up to the plate if Ben Morgan is crocked by the time the RWC comes round.  Even so, with the likes of Nick Easter and Tom Croft to call on, its nice to have such an abundance of talent in most of our back row positions.

I'd like to think we can unearth a world class tight head as I've got my doubts about Dan Cole and Dave Wilson at times; and Kieron Brookes is still relatively inexperienced at that level.  But, to do so in 9 months would be a massive task.  We got plenty of classy loose heads (Marler, Corbisiero and even Vunipola) and hookers (Youngs, Hartley and Webber).  I know Corbisiero can play both sides to equal effect, but we need a proper "monster" who is a regular tight head to anchor our scrum.

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 11:26:40 PM »
Got to disagree with u there about Dan Cole he's a class act. Dave Wilson's so operated don'tknow how he'sin the squad never mind starting 15. Think marlers the pick of the bunch at slackheed and Hartley'sthe no1 hooker despite him being a loose cannon on the pitch. Cant see crofty as an 8 mind think if vunipola and Morgan were knackered James Haskell would get the shirt

Offline stuartdm

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 12:03:48 AM »
Don't forget Thomas Waldrom at No. 8 and Nathan Hughes at Wasps becomes England qualified this year, Stuart Lancaster says he is looking at Steffon Armitage as No. 8 as well, even though he's in France.  Mind you I think Morgan will be back by the WC as well. Embarrassment of riches 2nd rows really strong Launchbury, Attwood, Parling, Lawes. Just a bit worried at flanker.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 08:52:02 AM »
Don't you rate Robshaw and Wood?  I think we got plenty in reserve at back row - although I have to admit that I never even thought of James Haskell, Thomas Waldrom and Steffon Armitage... or Calum Clarke for that matter. I wish Samu Manoa (Northampton) was English cos he is a unit.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 08:55:23 AM »
Got to disagree with u there about Dan Cole he's a class act.
I just have loads of memories of him struggling against top loose heads - especially the likes of Cian Healy and that little French lad, who always seem to get under him (with him being so tall).

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »
Never thought about armitage think if he's selected he's thebest 7 u could pick even if it ment shifting robshaw onto the blindside. DDon'tknow how Haskell's an international a bloke who spends 80% of his training in the gym and 20% on the rugby field how he gets awaway with it at wasps he's not even there standout player. Phil Dowson from nNorthampton can play anywhere along the back row and to a good standard don't know why he's never been given a shout. As for 2nd row Courtney lawes and launchbury I'd have nailed onfor the engine room

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 07:20:49 PM »
 6 nations done and dusted next up the rwc after watching the 6 nations what's peoples thoughts for the 4 home nations as well as France and Italy. For me a think England must be the team to beat home advantage as well as putting 55 points on France.
Ireland don't have the squad if o connell gets injured they have no leaders and to be fair o Driscoll was a notable miss Wales have one game plan which Italy surrendered to on the final day of the 6n

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 07:40:04 PM »
Got to disagree with u there about Dan Cole he's a class act.

I take it all back about Dan Cole. Apart from giving away a couple of penalties (1 or 2 borderline), he's had a hell of a championship and is an absolute nuisance at the breakdown for opposing packs. I also thought Mako looked good coming off the bench as well at times. Mind you, I don't know what Alex Corbisiero has to do to get into the reckoning - unless he hasn't been playing quite so well for the Saints, I'm not sure.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 07:44:55 PM »
6 nations done and dusted next up the rwc after watching the 6 nations what's peoples thoughts for the 4 home nations as well as France and Italy. For me a think England must be the team to beat home advantage as well as putting 55 points on France.

I think you could be right about the home advantage bit mate. I still think we need to brush up on our defence a little bit because those 35 points we conceded at the weekend took the gloss off the 55 we scored against a very good French defence that had only let two tries past them before that.

Offline local player

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 08:59:24 PM »
Still cant see past NZ.

SA & the Auzzies are good but beatable by the top 4 of the 6N.

Mind if Wales/Ireland/England play like they did on Saturday (finals day) there could be some major shocks.