Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RWC 2015  (Read 12214 times)

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
Re: RWC 2015
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 11:49:14 AM »
Very well put mate.

I agree with your assessment of the whole squad - especially the back row, where we appear to lack a pedigree 7. If only Stu Lancaster could have applied a bit of common sense to the selection criteria and included Steffon Armitage. The same applies to Nick Abendanon, who would be the only 15 I can think of who'd keep Mike Brown on his toes.

I think Anthony Watson has fantastic potential and phenomenal pace. I really think he could be the next Jason Robinson with his dazzling footwork - he could sidestep someone in a phonebox.  Jack Nowell always seems to break the gain line too, which is a must in this day of rock solid defences.  Johnny May is also a real flyer but his defence can sometimes be a bit suspect.

I reckon the two bad lads who were ditched for disciplinary reason - Dylan Hartley and Manu Tuilagi - would have given me a lot more peace of mind but I'm 100% behind our boys and have every faith in them.

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2015, 05:56:13 PM »
Hartley will be a massive miss for England don't think England have a standout hooker other than him. Tuilagi yes will be a miss but Joseph offers something different and looks dangerous in attack. Personally I would've took cipriani ahead of Farrell he offers alot more than Farrell's hospital pass to 12 and nick Easter bein dropped for an out of form vunipola and Morgan who's played about 96 mins of rugby since January.......oh well 7days to go

Offline olfaithful

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 10:16:55 PM »
35-11 not great but job done
5 pts and move on.
Cut out the errors and panic.
We Roam The Range Together

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2015, 07:06:46 PM »
Japan v south Africa  :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Badgerbear77

• Alickadoo
  • Views are my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2015, 09:01:05 PM »
What a start!!! Incredible!

England will not have anyone quaking in their boots but hopefully will improve and pick it up a bit, I dont think Fiji are as bad as people thought they would be but England were sucked into trying to play 7s with them..... and that didnt end well!

Ireland... well they showed England how to play against an underdog... controlled and  polished performance from them.... Hitting line at speed and recycling over again served them well

Georgia beat a poor Tonga side.... but I expect neither to trouble anyone really

Japan -  What an amazing performance... The Boks looked shell shocked... And its not that they were poor, Japan were incredible, organised and full of heart, energy personified they looked every inch a top tier side. Enthusiasm might just send them far. South Africa are in all sorts of trouble now. Samoa are strong and will fancy having a go, Scotland are as strong as they have been in years and America are full of juiced up NFL rejects.... If South Africa are off form and they lose again... they are off home!

Italy and France is a spectacle but France should be well on top, the fact they arent means Italy could sneak it if they step up!

And not everyone has even took the field yet.... could be the best RWC ever!!
Rugby is for everyone, not just the chosen few

Offline TheGuv

• Administrator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 11:46:18 AM »

Game of the 21st Century for me!

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2015, 09:43:30 PM »
Can see there being more shocks yet the standard of the underdogs seems to be picking up compared to past years world cups. Romania certainly weren't as bad as there scoreline v France suggests. And Fiji have played well against both England and the aussies

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2015, 11:29:41 AM »

Game of the 21st Century for me!

I'd have to agree there mate. It was non stop for the full 80+ minutes - a rare treat!!!

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2015, 11:34:18 AM »
France look tremendous in parts and I was very impressed with them last night. Mind you, the Romanians looked strong up front - not many packs shove the French about at will like that.

The fact that Australia were limited to three tries and given a rough old time of it against Fiji just goes to show that our group is going to be very tight and puts England's performance the other night in perspective - credit must go to Fiji for making us and the Aussies look as we did. I bet Wales wish they were already played and out of the way.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2015, 03:19:27 PM »
Great to see the Namibians getting stuck into the All Blacks and giving them a bloody tough game last night. I reckon that Jacques Burger (Saracens flanker) is a right radge packet and puts his head where most people would fear to put their hands. Brave as a lion.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »
The thought of England losing Billy Vunipola is a proper sickener but glad to hear Nick Easter is rejoining the squad after originally missing out on the final cut.

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2015, 11:36:30 PM »
Next time anyone hears me singing England's praises, please kick me in the nuts. It can't possibly hurt as much as watching that shite tonight. No heart, no clear game plan, never really in the game - RUBBISH!!!

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2015, 11:55:11 PM »
It was terrible mate pocock was awesome for the aussies. Can't believe Australia's scrum dominance that never happens in an England v Australia game. Think Dan Colesdays are numbered

Offline Neil Roseberry

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2015, 09:01:26 AM »
I'd sack the entire front and back rows. They were an embarrassment. Barritt's days must be numbered, same goes for Ben Youngs. I bet poor Dave Wilson, Danny Care and Jack Nowell wish they'd booked holidays as they haven't been given a minute's game time between them. Nowell always breaks the gain line yet where is he?

Tactical constipation must be the hash tag of the day.

Offline LineoutGeneral

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2015, 09:32:28 AM »
I said exactly the same can't see why Nowell hasn't been starting he's more dangerous with ball in hand out of himself may and Watson. Barritt made 13 tackles and missed none its just he offers little in attack. Robshaw does alot unseen work but he was found out by pocock and hooper if you ask me he needs moved to 6. Be interesting to see what the RFU think of Lancaster and co over the next week or 2 .
Anyways lets hope my team can get a result against Italy today. Come on you boys in green!