Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Playoffs  (Read 4209 times)

Offline 1066

• Senior Colt
    • View Profile
Re: Playoffs
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 07:31:04 PM »
I think the support for Morpeth comes from a mutual respect,they have been a good adversary on a level playing field one that cannot be said of Y1.The
teams that finished 3rd and 4th must feel aggrieved.
 I think few Y1 supporters from other than M@N will bother to watch the playoff.It is a great day out the playoffs and if it is Morpeth who host it(still 2 games for Guis to play)I will be going to watch without having my biased head on.

Offline olfaithful

• Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 07:57:55 PM »
OK Stirrer -
1) It is a good day out.
2) Lot of respect for Morpeth
3) Having lost last 2 play offs, we understand how important it is.
4) Hopefully Guis won't be involved in it.
5) Yes support for the DN leagues over Yorks

Hopefully this will not spark off the "Why are Guis, etc in DN when they are Yorkshire towns" debate again.

We Roam The Range Together

Offline the mad monk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 08:09:02 PM »
i think its more to do with the great reception we recieved up their place and the fantastic spirit both games where played in.

Offline Renegade

• Global Moderator
  • Alickadoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:45 PM »
I've played many games at Guisborough and always enjoyed the challenge. I for one will be happy for them to fly the D&N flag in 1NE next season regardless of which side of the border they are on.

I also will be going to watch the play off supporting Morpeth and I've never played them at first team level either. If all goes well we will have Percy Park, Alnwick, West Hartlepool, Westoe, Northern, Guisborough and Morpeth in that league next season.

Offline MikeHenderson

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 11:10:43 PM »
Personally I will go and support Morpeth, as they have given us two good games this season and having been to the playoffs twice, a big crowd always helps. We have been told for 4 years that Yorkshire 1 is better than Durham Northumberland and for the past 2 years at least that may have been proved true by who has gone up. So two teams from what has been a very competitive league (in terms of the top 3/4) going up would be nice for a change. It's not that we don't want Yorkshire teams to do well but it evens out a league that is North One East for those travelling.

Offline bleeptest

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 12:55:34 PM »
Any confirmed information on the play off date yet?!

Offline Prioryman

• 1st XV
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 03:50:27 PM »
It's simply loyalty to the DN leagues; we've always been in them and count all our opposition as old friends, even Morpeth, who were a good bunch of lads when they came to us. Also I don't much like the shamateurism of some Y1 clubs ( though not all ).